X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Very cool. If you have any time to waste tonight, can you do some muzzle flash testing with that flash hider? I assume it's the AAC?
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• PigOPs
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2014

It is. I will see what I can do.

Comment

• PigOPs
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2014

Here my first (and only) 5 shot group with factory SST. The lower left was a called flyer. My heart was beating hard cause I was excited and should've calmed myself more. What I am most excited about is I should be able to find a handload that's even tighter. Not bad for a chrome-lined barrel that I paid $200 for (after chopping down). This gun puts a smile on my face every time I pull the trigger...

Comment

• 65Whelen
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Man that's sweet, I've got one of those barrels too, hope it shoots half as good as that.

Comment

• m796rider
            Warrior
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by PigOPs View Post

Here she is.. got her running like a top and grouping pretty good with handloads. I'm taking it out tonight on a pig hunt so hopefully I'll draw some blood. We shall see!
            That is a VERY nice, clean-looking rifle.

Comment

• PigOPs
              Bloodstained
              • Oct 2014

In all it's glory. I never dreamed I would own a two stamp gun but here it is...in all it's glory!

It's a ton of fun to shoot!

Comment

• rabiddawg
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2013

Thats a real beauty! I like black.

I need to quit looking at these sbr build threads.
                Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• lead chucker
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

Looks great! Is that a hyperfire 24C trigger? If so how do you like it?

Comment

• PigOPs
                    Bloodstained
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by lead chucker View Post
                    Looks great! Is that a hyperfire 24C trigger? If so how do you like it?
                    Best trigger I've ever used. (I haven't used many) if I could afford to drop one in every AR I have I would. No creep. Clean break. Short reset.

Comment

• lead chucker
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by PigOPs View Post
                      Best trigger I've ever used. (I haven't used many) if I could afford to drop one in every AR I have I would. No creep. Clean break. Short reset.
                      Awesome! I'm thinking about one, I want the 24 3G which is the C but with a curved shoe. Thanks for the info!

Comment

• am4966
                        Chieftain
                        • Jul 2014

So how does it sound with your Saker on it? Also what scope are you using?
                        Last edited by am4966; 03-03-2015, 01:58 AM.
                        12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                        Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                        Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• PigOPs
                          Bloodstained
                          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
                          So how does it sound with your Saker on it? Also what scope are you using?
                          First the easy answer: vortex viper 3-9. I have a pST on my other Grendel but quite frankly I prefer a lot of things about this one.

I think the saker gives a similar volume level to an Non-suppressed .22lr except with a deeper quality to the tone. It's hard to explain but it's definitely easier on the ears which was my main goal as a hunter primarily.

Comment

• am4966
                            Chieftain
                            • Jul 2014

Instead great to hear, since there really is not much info out there about the sound of suppressors on a Grendel. I'm really looking towards getting a can. I was going back and forth with getting a 1-4 or 1-6 optic but after seeing your setup I think I'm gonna go with a 3-9x40
                            12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                            Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                            Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• PigOPs
                              Bloodstained
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
                              Instead great to hear, since there really is not much info out there about the sound of suppressors on a Grendel. I'm really looking towards getting a can. I was going back and forth with getting a 1-4 or 1-6 optic but after seeing your setup I think I'm gonna go with a 3-9x40
                              If you are going to hunt in low loughs situations I personally believe you'll be better off with a bigger objective. I've owned a 1-4 and though it was great for upclose during the day I couldnt see well at dusk and dawn.

Comment

Working...
                              X