• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Howling Coyote
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2014

CFE in stock 1 lb $22.50

I thought I would pass this along. These guys have Grendel ammo at a great price too so don't forget to check it out. Good time to buy, when something happens and this stuf gets scarce you will regret not grabbing it.

Attention! HAZMAT Fee RequiredA HAZMAT fee will be applied to all orders that contain Powders and or primers. This fee covers 48 Lbs of Powder and Primers.(Orders over 48 Lbs will require an additional fee) Powder and Primers ship ground freight to the lower 48 states. Powder and Primers cannot be returned. Check local regulations before ordering.This product weighs 1 Lb.This revolutionary, spherical powder was introduced by Hodgdon in January of 2012. This extremely versatile rifle propellant was developed as a copper fouling deterrent as it incorporates in its formula CFE or Copper Fouling Eraser, an ingredient initially used by the military. The resulting powder produces longer periods of consistent accuracy with less barrel cleaning required for many popular cartridges such as the 223 Remington, 22-250 Remington, and 308 Winchester. This powder is ideal for the Match, Varmint, and AR shooters. Important Information: Do not exceed the loads displayed in the reloaders guide. Never mix any two powders regardless of type, brand, or source. Never substitute any smokeless powder for Black Powder or any Black Powder substitute
    Last edited by Howling Coyote; 01-13-2015, 09:13 PM.
  • Savage Shooter
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

Thanks for the heads up. My LGS has some in stock, but at a much higher price (and having to pay local taxes and gas and time). Break-even on paying shipping and HAZMAT fee would have been 4 lbs, so I bought 5 to amortize the shipping and justify buying 5 lbs. (At least this is what I plan on telling the wife - "See honey, I SAVED money. Just like you do when you shop during the promotional sales!" )
    My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Savage Shooter View Post
      ...At least this is what I plan on telling the wife - "See honey, I SAVED money. Just like you do when you shop during the promotional sales!"
      ... He says, just before sleeping on the couch.
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• johnjohn
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2014

Thanks for sharing. Can someone help me understand the HAZMAT fee? If I ordered 3 pounds do I still pay for the product plus the HAZAMAT fee $28.50.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
          Chieftain
          • May 2012

hazardous materials order under the same $28.50 fee (up to 50lbs)
          Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• dmsims21
            Warrior
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Savage Shooter View Post
            Thanks for the heads up. My LGS has some in stock, but at a much higher price (and having to pay local taxes and gas and time). Break-even on paying shipping and HAZMAT fee would have been 4 lbs, so I bought 5 to amortize the shipping and justify buying 5 lbs. (At least this is what I plan on telling the wife - "See honey, I SAVED money. Just like you do when you shop during the promotional sales!" )
            My wife would have given me a taste of my own medicine and said, "It is 100% off if you don't buy it."
            www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device

Comment

• Savage Shooter
              Warrior
              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by dmsims21 View Post
              My wife would have given me a taste of my own medicine and said, "It is 100% off if you don't buy it."
              Well, I got my 5 lbs of CFE223 in today, so I now have 7 lbs @ 32.0 gr per round, that's about 1500 rounds or a whole lot of shooting before I run out. My "ticket to buy" is that she sends a bunch of money to help support her mother every month, so, I get to spend about as much to support my "family" (of firearms, that is).
              My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

• Savage Shooter
                Warrior
                • Dec 2014

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
                hazardous materials order under the same $28.50 fee (up to 50lbs)
                Plus you pay whatever the regular shipping costs are - usually at least $40 in HAZMAT and shipping fees. So, if you can afford it AND what you need is in stock, you need to buy a bunch of primers and powder in the same order to amortize the $40 over the cost of what you buy in order to beat the after tax price from your LGS. So, call your local shooting buddies and do a group buy to spread the costs.

Comment

Working...
                X