WTS/WTT: REALLY Nice 6.5 Grendel Rifle (OH)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hooz
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2014

WTS/WTT: REALLY Nice 6.5 Grendel Rifle (OH)

*SOLD*

I really, really hate to do this, but I'm not shooting this rifle and somebody needs to be! It's too nice to sit neglected in the safe! This gun is used but not abused. The rifle itself only has a couple hundred rounds of factory ammo through it in its current configuration. I built up this rifle over time until it finally arrived at what you see here.

Lower Receiver

- Umbrella Corp Forged Lower - $175
    - Magpul Aluminum Trigger Guard - $20
    - CMMG LPK - $50
    - Jard 3# Adjustable Single-stage Trigger - $150
    - BAD-ASS - $60
    - KNS Pins - $30
    - Troy Ambi Mag Release - $60
    - Seekins Mag Button - $8
    - Tactical Link EBAL - $27
    - Larue A-PEG - $28
    - Magpul PRS - $245
    - JP LMOS Rifle-length buffer and Polished XP Spring - $83
    - Rifle-length Buffer Tube - $16

Total invested in lower - $952

Upper Receiver

- Spike's Upper (Lapped) - $100
    - Satern 20" Match Barrel w/ Matched Chrome Bolt - $575
    - Kies NiB M16 Carrier - $120
    - Seekins 15" SP3R - $225
    - Syrac Ord Adjustable Gas Block - $107
    - Rifle-length Gas Tube - $13
    - Rainier Raptor Charging Handle - $90
    - Spike's Collar and Dynacomp Extreme HVS (Works with Spike's MRS/LRS and some OPS-Inc cans) - $108

Total invested in upper - $1338

Total invested in complete rifle (parts only) - $2290

I sent the barrel to ADCO to have it profiled for my suppressor mount, and they rethreaded it to 1/2"-28 and then bored out a 5.56 Dynacomp to accomodate the larger 6.5mm bullets. The barrel is bedded in the receiver and everything has been professionally Cerakoted in Magpul Foliage Green.

It shot factory AMAX ammo into nice clover-leaf groups at 100 yards with boring regularity the last time I had it out. But, since putting the current scope on it over a year ago, I haven't even had it out to sight it in. Criminal. I know.

The trigger is dialed-in to this rifle, and it is pretty freaking spectacular. No creep, crisp break and no over-travel.

I also have three 10-round magazines, the color matched ADM scope mount, a color matched Vickers VCAS padded sling, the YHM bipod mount and the pictured bipod (9-12", tilt/swivel).

I'm not looking to part out the rifle.

My asking price for the rifle is:

$1700 shipped for the rifle and mags
    $1950 shipped for the rifle, mags, scope mount, bipod and sling

I take discreet PayPal+Fees or "Gift", cashier's check (will wait for it to clear before shipping) or cash money for a FTF deal (Ask me about a discount for FTF deal!).

I would entertain offers for partial trades as well. Things I would be interested in include:

- Gen 3 or 4 9mm Glocks (19, 17 and maybe a 34)
    - 9mm S&W Shield (no safety)
    - Remington UMC 300BLK Ammo (Supers and subs)
    - Surefire Mini Scout(s)
    - EOTech XPS2-0
    - Trijicon SRS02
    - Trijicon RM05G (Dual-illuminated 9moa GREEN dot RMR)
    - Aimpont Micro(s)
    - Maybe a decent quality AK-47
    - Try me. You never know!

ETA: I have been a member here almost since the beginning, but I recently had to reregister (again) so my post count is showing 1. I can provide feedback on multiple other sites and, if you search these forums for my username, you'll find many posts by me... Maybe even the build thread for this rifle!
    Last edited by Hooz; 02-27-2015, 06:28 PM. Reason: Package has been sold!
  • Hooz
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2014

I did a quick count today. I have 315 rounds of factory Hornady AMAX, 15 rounds of AA 123gr Scenar factory loads and 120 rounds of Wolf plinker ammo. With the 3x 10 round mags, padded Vickers sling and bipod, it would be a hell of a package deal for the right price!

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

I can vouch for Hooz that he's been a member before, and I've seen him on AR15.com for years as well.

That is an insane package deal, priced to sell.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Hooz
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2014

Thanks LRRPF52!

Package deals have changed now that the ammo is sold!
        Last edited by Hooz; 01-22-2015, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Hooz
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2014

*This ammo is now SPF*

Since I've had a bunch of interest in splitting out the ammo, here's the breakdown of what I've got and the lowest current, in-stock retail prices I could find for it.

315 rounds of Hornady 123gr AMAX factory ammo - Lowest retail is $.96/round, so it would cost $302.40
          120 rounds of Wolf 123gr PSP factory ammo - Lowest retail is $14.95/box, so it would cost $89.70
          15 rounds of AA 123gr Lapua Scenar factory ammo - Retail is $1.54/round, so it would cost $23.10

All told, it's $415.20 worth of Grendel ammo. All in factory boxes, and I'll include whatever misc. brass I've got for free.

I'm not looking to split it up at this time. I'll take $350 for the lot of it, shipped anywhere in CONUS. I accept discreet PayPal (gift or +3%), PMO or cash money for a FTF (located in Central Ohio).

The ONLY trades I would be interested in is for Remington UMC L300AAC1 120gr 300BLK ammo. Trades would be valued at retail prices.
          Last edited by Hooz; 01-22-2015, 05:27 PM. Reason: Ammo is SPF!

Comment

• Hooz
            Unwashed
            • Nov 2014

Updated listing and expanded trade list, so here's a bump!

Comment

• Hooz
              Unwashed
              • Nov 2014

Price drop! This rifle needs to find a loving home!

Comment

Working...
              X