• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mnhntr
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2014

H335

I have a bunch of H335 on hand and was wondering if anyone has had good success with it in either or both the 95gr Vmax or the 123gr Amax which are the 2 bullets I will be using.
  • tackdriver
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

I think I recall it shooting good with lighter pills

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I use 29.0 grains with Nosler 100 grain Ballistic Tips and Sierra 100 grain Varmint bullets and I loaded a few 85 grain Sierra Varmints a friend gave me with H-335 but I don't remember the charge. I really like H-335 with lighter bullets, meters evenly, good velocity and burns clean in my 16" 6.5 Grendel.

I was going to try H-335 with 95 grain V-Max and 100 grain A-Max but just hadn't got around to it.

Comment

• Joseph5
        Warrior
        • Oct 2012

Goe to the Hogdon website, they show it as their best powder for all weight bullets.

Comment

• mnhntr
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Joseph5 View Post
          Goe to the Hogdon website, they show it as their best powder for all weight bullets.
          Thanks, I saw that on the site but was reading how picky some of the forum users rifles were and wanted to hear if it was accurate or not.

Comment

• Dr. Lee
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2014

Grendel reloading volume 2 shows some very good results with H 335.

Dr.Lee

Comment

• AZ. Old Guy
              Warrior
              • Jan 2015

I have some also and would like to try it.
              NRA Lifer

Comment

• 65Whelen
                Warrior
                • Sep 2014

H335 has been on my list of powders to try but haven't seen any on the shelf yet. Did some load work up with the Nosler 120 BT and Varget, accuracy was very good. At that time some of the Horde members recommended H355 thinking that the H355 would give better velocity compared to Varget.

Comment

• K280
                  Bloodstained
                  • Sep 2014

I have had good results with 31 gr under a 90 gr TNT using PPU brass. The most accurate load is with the PPU 120 MPT from Grafs with 28 gr. I could push both faster, but get good accuracy with that. The 90 is 2820 fps with low sd and es. Haven't checked the 120 yet. This is out of a 20" barrel.

Comment

• mnhntr
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by 65Whelen View Post
                    H335 has been on my list of powders to try but haven't seen any on the shelf yet. Did some load work up with the Nosler 120 BT and Varget, accuracy was very good. At that time some of the Horde members recommended H355 thinking that the H355 would give better velocity compared to Varget.
                    What kind of velocity did you get with Varget?

Comment

• RangerRick
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2014

335 is great for the 95-100 grain bullets. I get better results with other powders with 123 grain bullets. The 335 is a little too fast to get the best velocities with the heavier bullets.

I use CFE-223 and AA 2520 with the 123 grain bullets for excellent accuracy and optimum velocities out of my 20 inch barrel.

RR

Comment

• cst
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2014

What velocity are h getting with the CFE and 123gr?

Comment

• Joseph5
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2012

CST,
                          I am getting 2650 with CFE and a 123gr SST out of a 22 inch barrel and I am not maxed out yet. I am using an adjustable gas block and a Tubbs Flat Wire spring. I adjusted the gas block so that it will just barely lock back and reliably work with Hornady factory ammo. I am not showing any pressure signs and my brass. LRRPF52 was getting in the 2500's with a 16 inch barrel and CFE.

Comment

• dammitman
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2012

as i have several pounds of the 335, i really need to get some 95 grain vmax to use it up with.

Comment

Working...
                            X