• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
    I think this rifle begs for a threaded barrel so someone can use a suppressor or other muzzle device.
    I prefer to handle that myself, with someone that will cut the threads to the suppressor-maker's preferences. You know I'm already thinking about that, especially since I want to start my girls off on center fire with something pleasant.

I wish I could go back and vote for another rifle, the target option, because I didn't know the MSRP at the time. I could do 2 of those easily. I've been thinking about a 6.5 Grendel M40 micro action rugged field target gun.

Or something like this:

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

The micro action really supports everything from hunting to competitive shooting, since your bolt travel is shorter, follow-up is really fast, recoil is basically nothing compared to short action cartridges, and it smacks stuff hard. For running and gunning, a lightweight gun that tracks well is a huge advantage over the front heavy beasts, especially suppressed.

I'm pretty excited about this.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• MrDraco
        Warrior
        • Jul 2011

Well I already got a response from Legacy Sports, I guess I'd better start saving my pennies.

We ARE working on it ! I totally agree ...
        With Hornady already having the ammo on the market with SST and Amax loads and
        GMX coming ... great option for a deer / antelope cartridge !

Andy McCormick
        President
        Legacy Sports International, Inc
        This is great news! I've been waiting for a factory Grendel bolt action for a long time.

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        Who all would be interested in these in 6.5 Grendel? We're looking at the option of running a Group Buy to get the ball rolling.

Poll added.
        Is there a time frame on this? I would love to have one of their heavy barrel varminters but I just got done building an AR57 so it'll be at least this fall before I would have the money.

Comment

• Drifter
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Well I already got a response from Legacy Sports, I guess I'd better start saving my pennies.

We ARE working on it ! I totally agree ...
          With Hornady already having the ammo on the market with SST and Amax loads and
          GMX coming
          ... great option for a deer / antelope cartridge !

Andy McCormick
          President
          Legacy Sports International, Inc
          Maybe I missed the announcement, but what weight GMX is Hornady planning to use in the new Grendel ammo?

Just curious if they're planning a new Grendel-specific bullet, or if they're gonna simply load an existing projectile.
          Drifter

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

That's a dream rifle, but I would prefer an A-5 type stock in a heavy contour. At $699, I'd do it myself!

PS- I run a Howa in 7mm WSM and its a great action. I'm really excited to see them consider this.
            Last edited by bwaites; 02-01-2015, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

I'm still in the middle of my 12.5" build, but if this actually happens in 6.5G, I'll have to think real hard about getting one. Probably a lightweight in OD green.

I guess the buggerbear will be that it'll need a different mag. They'll need one for 7.62x39 and the others anyway though.
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• ramslammer
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2014

G'Day
                If we weren't in OZ there's a couple of us who would be signing up. Hopefully the local bloke will get them.
                Juddy

Comment

• bwaites
                  • Mar 2011

Wonder what chamber they'll use? I'd be happy with a conventional throat, LBC variant or similar.

Comment

• pds
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2012

Paul
                    Count me in for a target model.

pds

Comment

• ramslammer
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jan 2014

G'day
                      I reckon a heavy barrel in a hogue would be awesome. We might have to buy one over there and export it if there only made for Legacy. I reckon they'll sell a good amount if their the first to offer a factory Grendel as there's obviously a demand for them, any following manufacturer will miss that " finally a factory grendel" rush. I for one will be wanting at least one and if the lite ones are really light maybe it'd make a good kids gun. Also I ordered the barrel for my Weatherby Varmintmaster grendel build today.
                      Juddy

Comment

• Variable
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                        Wonder what chamber they'll use? I'd be happy with a conventional throat, LBC variant or similar.
                        SAAMI only for me please. Anything else and I'd probably pass.

I know folks like to tweak and tinker, but I wouldn't want a chamber any different than the three (soon to be four) that I already have now. If I wanted a chamber other than SAAMI Grendel, then it'd be a whole new caliber for me.
                        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• rabiddawg
                          Chieftain
                          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Variable View Post

I know folks like to tweak and tinker, but I wouldn't want a chamber any different than the three (soon to be four) that I already have now. If I wanted a chamber other than SAAMI Grendel, then it'd be a whole new caliber for me.
                          I agree
                          Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• LRRPF52
                            Super Moderator
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Variable View Post

I don't think it will matter as much in a turn bolt action, but for those of us who want to be able to process our brass the same way, and not worry about different neck sizes, it makes sense to keep everything the same.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• adamjp
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by ramslammer View Post
                              G'Day
                              If we weren't in OZ there's a couple of us who would be signing up. Hopefully the local bloke will get them.
                              Juddy
                              Legacy Sports International is owned by the same mob who started as Highland Sports in Bowral NSW. It may be an American distributor, but it is an Australian company. IIRC OSA is now the Howa distributor in OZ, drop them a line on when the Micro action will arrive and could they please order a Grendel with their initial order.

Comment

• ramslammer
                                Bloodstained
                                • Jan 2014

G'Day Adam
                                I reckon that'll be the go. I was in Canberra two weeks ago and I should have given you a ring. I back later in the year so I'll try to catch up. Hopefully I'll have the Grendel build finished by then to show you.
                                Juddy

Comment

Working...
                                X