• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Vortex 1-6x Strike Eagle

Vortex debuted the new 1-6x Strike Eagle scope, which is capped, with a BDC reticle that has bright illumination.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

I'm assuming you got a chance to hold it. How does the glass compare to the PST line?
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Looks like PST glass, and the illumination was visible against the showroom ceiling lights.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I'm waiting for you guys to be the guinea pigs.

It almost sounds to good to be true...
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• 65Whelen
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Nice, I'm really surprised at the low price.

Comment

• cory
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Variable View Post
            It almost sounds to good to be true...
            Just what I was thinking.
            "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

MSRP of $429 per the website. I like that it's second focal plane. I had a FFP scope with a similar reticle I used for hunting and on low magnification it obstructed small targets. I've been looking for a 1-6 for my 6.5g SBR. This may fit the bill.
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

It will make a great little dual-purpose optic for carbines. Great for hunting, plinking, & target practice with a compact, lightweight option that has decent magnification range.

I'll be using it for my DM courses for sure.

10.5" long
                17.6oz
                capped turrets

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• am4966
                  Chieftain
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
                  MSRP of $429 per the website. I like that it's second focal plane. I had a FFP scope with a similar reticle I used for hunting and on low magnification it obstructed small targets. I've been looking for a 1-6 for my 6.5g SBR. This may fit the bill.
                  Hmm at Shot they had 329.00 marked on tag. I think this is what I'm gonna get for my sbr, I hope I can get it at a discount from a supplier.
                  12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                  Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                  Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• LR1955
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2011

Guys:

Was looking at the reticule pattern. I didn't look at their web site though.

Is that thing designed around 55 grain ball using meters for distance and a carbine length barrel by chance?

LR55

Comment

• biodsl
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
                      Guys:

Is that thing designed around 55 grain ball using meters for distance and a carbine length barrel by chance?

LR55
                      From the Vortex Strike Eagle manual: "The Vortex exclusive AR-BDC reticle facilitates rapid shooting at distances from 20 to 600 yards with popular .223/5.56 and .308/7.62 loads."

Nothing like being all things to all people. Note the description does not say accurate shooting.

I amazed how many scope manufacturers don't explain the BC and velocity the BDC was developed for.
                      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• LR1955
                        Super Moderator
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
                        From the Vortex Strike Eagle manual: "The Vortex exclusive AR-BDC reticle facilitates rapid shooting at distances from 20 to 600 yards with popular .223/5.56 and .308/7.62 loads."

Nothing like being all things to all people. Note the description does not say accurate shooting.

I amazed how many scope manufacturers don't explain the BC and velocity the BDC was developed for.
                        LRP52:

Got it. Based on the older 168 grain .308 loads and maybe M-855 ball shot from a carbine length barrel. Zero at 200 then compare the width of the stadia to the width of an upper torso like the ACOG and use or interpolate a hold.

I would save my money. Scope is probably excellent. Reticle pattern is not.

LR1955

Comment

• Drift
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2014

$329 at Camera Land. Its a little heavy. But save your money for which?

Comment

• LR1955
                            Super Moderator
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Drift View Post
                            $329 at Camera Land. Its a little heavy. But save your money for which?
                            Drift:

Optics are becoming very much use specific. What are the shooting conditions (distances, target characteristics, visibility, risk) and what are your expectations in terms of an outcome?

I can find a reticle pattern on an optic that can meet your requirements but you probably would not like them because they are pretty specific in terms of use. Most guys would not like my recommendations because they want an optic good for every conceivable application and such optics and reticle patterns are sufficient only if the person is willing to accept poor overall performance.

LR55

Comment

• am4966
                              Chieftain
                              • Jul 2014

I like the 1-6 and price for my future grendel sbr build. I would think if you shoot it enough you can come up with a solution for the reticle pattern. Or maybe I'm just plain wrong.
                              12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                              Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                              Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

Working...
                              X