• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

2nd Shot Bobcat

Video http://youtu.be/DvGRBNia9L4

This was the second night out in a row, waiting for hogs that were damaging the landowners property. I hunt there as part of his wildlife management plan.

About 11:00 pm, this bobcat showed up. She didn't respond very well to lipsqueaking and would not turn around. A nice Texas heart shot presented itself and I knew the Grendel 6.5 would penetrate sufficiently on a cat to do the job, but I pushed the shot and only managed to scare the hell out of the cat that launched herself skyward.

She returned to earth in a more traditional hunting profile and the second shot dropped her.

The landowner was pleased.

I am shooting 6.5 Grendal Hornady 123 gr. SST ammo and the scope is an Armasight Zeus 3 thermal scope.
    Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 01-30-2015, 12:17 AM.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • jawbone
    Warrior
    • Jan 2012

man, I love these vids. concentrating on the reticle dot really built some good tension. super follow up, 00Spy. great production, as always.

Comment

• Nick
      Warrior
      • Dec 2014

Great videos. keep em coming

Comment

• rebelsoul
        Warrior
        • Jan 2014

Nice kill. I really enjoy your vids.
        "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• pkee
          Bloodstained
          • Nov 2014

Nice follow up shot .

Comment

• Apparition
            Warrior
            • Jan 2014

Your videos really make me want a scope like that and I unfortunately can't even use it where I live.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

This video is an excellent example of what I really like about this cartridge....

Follow-up shot capability, due to very mild recoil. Notice that he isn't using a muzzle brake, and the reticle easily comes right back onto the animal.

That ain't happening as easy with a lightweight .308 Winchester.

The Grendel is also milder on optics and electro-optical aiming devices, whereas gas guns with increased reciprocating mass can really beat up sensitive optics and electronics, which has been a thorn in the side of the SCAR-H, and the M110's.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by lrrpf52 View Post
                this video is an excellent example of what i really like about this cartridge....

Follow-up shot capability, due to very mild recoil. Notice that he isn't using a muzzle brake, and the reticle easily comes right back onto the animal.

That ain't happening as easy with a lightweight .308 winchester.

The grendel is also milder on optics and electro-optical aiming devices, whereas gas guns with increased reciprocating mass can really beat up sensitive optics and electronics, which has been a thorn in the side of the scar-h, and the m110's.
                yes!
                Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

Working...
                X