• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PigOPs
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2014

Boar gets the short stick

This boar made a tragic mistake... He walked out in front of the short stick.

R.I.P. Boar
  • burkew23
    Warrior
    • May 2013

Well done sir. How do you like that stock? I've been eyeing it for a while...

Comment

• am4966
      Chieftain
      • Jul 2014

PigOPs what muzzle device are you using
      12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
      Surge - Rugged Suppressor
      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• PigOPs
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2014

The stock is great. I prefer it to a magpul moe.

The muzzle device is an AAC 51t blackout FH

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

What an awesome pic. Details?

What load, distance, point of aim, point of impact, travel distance, anything you want to add...
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• PigOPs
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            What an awesome pic. Details?

What load, distance, point of aim, point of impact, travel distance, anything you want to add...
            I was watching a deer at the feeder when I noticed something big and black standing in the oat field to the right. I glassed him just to make sure it was indeed a pig (200yds at this point) and tried to get my ear plugs in. (I'm a musician by trade, so my hearing is important and this little gun is LOUD.) It took me too long, being bundled as I was, and he crossed the field into the woods heading forward the feeder.

At this point I began to glass the openings I could see in the tree line and watch the little buck who had been feeding at the feeder. Once I saw the buck go on alert I focused in on the feeder. After what seemed like an eternity the buck ran and the boar skinned out of the treeline and up to the feeder.

I make adjustments on my scope, because the hog is now only 100yds away and I'm trying to shoot on lower magnifications, and wait for an opportunity. I train my cross hairs right behind and below his ear and wait for a shot. Finally he turns broadside and simultaneously turns his head away from me. I'm now aiming behind his ear into his skull. It's not looking good for him.

I squeeze the trigger. It breaks. Bacon slaps the ground. Boar does the death dance. The factory 123sst has done its work once again and I have two HUGE backstraps in my fridge this morning.

HaHa sorry. I was trying to build suspense.
            Last edited by PigOPs; 02-06-2015, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Very well told! You just need a suppressor on there and you'll be golden. The little lightweight TBAC Ultra 5 or 7 would be perfect.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• mwilkins
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2014

Yes. Nice shooting and Yes, get a suppressor. Approval times are coming down quick. Less than three months in some states.

Comment

• PigOPs
                  Bloodstained
                  • Oct 2014

I would but I'm less than a month out from my Saker 7.62 being approved...

Comment

Working...
                  X