• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smokinghole
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2015

.264 LBC build....on

Well since I didnt get a saami chamber I guess I will post my build here.

Upper:
    Aero M4E1
    Aero Enhanced 12" M-lok handguard
    Lilja .264 LBC in 311 profile (17.8" tapers to muzzle) with 5/8-24 threaded muzzle
    Precision Firearms Black Nitride BCG
    Planning on Sig taper-lok muzzle setup (planning for a suppressor in the future)
    Will add more as I purchase/acquire

Lower:
    Aero stripped lower
    Thinking UBR for stock
    Unsure of trigger might go budget at sub $100 or just get a SSA-E
    Grip likely a Stark
    I think I will buy a make your own package LPK with FCG from Red Barn and there,is also Pegasus Defense kits
    Probably a JP silent capture spring
  • PigOPs
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2014

SLR makes great click adjustable gas blocks.

ALG makes great Sub $75 triggers.

Looks like a great setup. My sbr'd lower is an aero. I think they make quality stuff.

You may consider bedding your barrel into the upper with blue loctite once you get to building.
    Received my Lilja 304 (16" 264 LBC) that someone here goobered up. It was a great find at $150.

I'm sure your build will be a shooter and again don't think anyone here has an issue that you went with the 264LBC.

Comment

• smokinghole
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2015

I am actually up in the air about an ALG QMS and a newer company, Hioerfire EDT. The Hiperfire is more money but still sub $100.

Comment

• PigOPs
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by smokinghole View Post
        I am actually up in the air about an ALG QMS and a newer company, Hioerfire EDT. The Hiperfire is more money but still sub $100.
        I have a Hiperfire 24C and it's the best trigger I have ever used. It's twice the coin though...

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

This forum was actually intended for the caliber variants off the Grendel, like the .20 Grendel, 6mm AR, 6mm AR Turbo, 7mm Grendel, etc. The LBC 's variants initially went here, but the LBC builds and anything else that shoots factory Grendel ammo, although not technically a Grendel, certainly are free to post in the regular build area, or here if you want!

Comment

• smokinghole
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2015

I will deem this an "almost a grendel, but not quite" build. You know, since it is a "grendel" because it shoots grendel factory ammo, but it is a non-saami chamber so it's sort of not a grendel (I hope the sarcasm comes through). I got my upper and lower today. I weighed the upper and handguard with barrel nut and handguard mounting screws. My scale says 21.3oz which doesn't seem like much for a 12" handguard. It's real nice (said in my best Forest Gump voice).

Comment

• NugginFutz
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

Frankly, it is clear that you are going out of your way to make this into an issue. Everyone I have seen responding to you on this build has been supportive, and the only controversy I have seen so far has been what you have brought to the table. Why don't you cut these guys a break? They have been nothing but accommodating to you, and have brought none of the baggage to this discussion. If you have to hold your nose while posting, why are you doing it? It's amazing how some people just won't take "yes" for an answer.
              If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• smokinghole
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2015

My nature to push what I consider funny too far. Guess i have to pretend there wasnt an issue rather than poke fun about it.

Comment

Working...
                X