• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danm
    Warrior
    • Aug 2014

Diy shooting mat...

So I've been wanting to build a shooting mat for a bit and had done some research. The other day I was walking through the seasonal section at my Costco (I work there) and low and behold... a $12 Yoga mat caught my eye. All I did was cut a piece of wood and industrial strength super glue it to the mat... works PERFECT... Shot with it yesterday and it's good to go!https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...838abaa4a704a3

• danm
    Warrior
    • Aug 2014

Let me try inserting the img and not links...

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Pretty cool. The wood strip is a nice touch.

Another DIY shooter's mat that caught my attention was one that davidj, a member here, loaned me while we were plinking on the 1000 steel range at Del Norte, in NM. Quite comfortable and can easily be picked up for free at any carpet store. I'm talking about a simple carpet remnant, cut to size. I think I prefer Berber. While Berber is not weather proof, maybe an indoor/outdoor would suffice?
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• danm
        Warrior
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
        Pretty cool. The wood strip is a nice touch.

Another DIY shooter's mat that caught my attention was one that davidj, a member here, loaned me while we were plinking on the 1000 steel range at Del Norte, in NM. Quite comfortable and can easily be picked up for free at any carpet store. I'm talking about a simple carpet remnant, cut to size. I think I prefer Berber. While Berber is not weather proof, maybe an indoor/outdoor would suffice?
        Yeah that would work great too, I just love how compact this thing rolls up and folded in half it works great on a bench too!

Comment

• Klem
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Old carpet works for one of the clubs I am a member of as well.

They have whole piles of them the same size as Damn's, all different types and colours; cut pile, twist pile, loop pile...but no Berber.

I go through them looking for a magic carpet so I don't have to walk between ranges. End up having to carry it instead (one may have even ended up in the boot of my car).

Comment

Working...
          X