24 inches of Satern wholsome goodness came in Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 inches of Satern wholsome goodness came in Friday

Well i received my Satern Grendel barrel this Friday. Man i love there craftsmanship and quality of work. I couldnt be happier with it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 08-30-2011, 05:11 AM.

Beautiful-looking rifle, and nice pics. Don't short yourself on optics and mounts. What are your plans in that field?

Comment

Viper Vortex FFP 6-24x50mm is what i was strongly throwing around. Thanks for the complement i have really enjoyed building this rifle and have took my time and picked the things that i liked. Im not going to do any irons as this will be strictlly range weaponry. Im also starting a beowulf build for some close range therapy Oh and a Larue mount for the scope as well.
      Last edited by Guest; 08-27-2011, 05:56 PM. Reason: list mount

Comment

Nice looking rifle alright.

Comment

For a 24" piped shooter, I think 50mm or more objective is a great choice, especially for a range gun. I feel really underglassed using the 2.5-10x44 PST on my 22" .260 Rem AR10, but it will go on an .223 Wylde SPR probably. I'm still shooting tight groups with the 10x, but I would like to have more magnification and Side Focus, especially with the mirage we've been experiencing in bright sunlight, high desert environment.

Get the LT-112 with 20 MOA of cant in it if you get the Viper PST, or any of the other $700-$900 range variable magnification scopes out there. You will want the extra elevation when shooting distance. You'll have to jump up to a NightForce, USO, or S&B if you want insane amounts of elevation travel in a 30mm or 34mm tube, but you really don't need that unless you have a 0 MOA cant mount, and take up more elevation in the wrong direction with your zero.

Comment

And thats why i love this forum because there is always good info to learn from more experienced people. Thanks LRRPF52. I will definately take heed or your advice!

Keith

Comment

• Glockzilla

Damn, that machine is beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              How heavy is it?

Comment

It weighs just a shade over 10 lbs. Thankyou very much for the compliment. I have thoroughly enjoyed building this rifle. Alot of good advice research and information here at this forum helped me out alot in selecting the parts.
                Last edited by Guest; 10-25-2011, 05:34 AM.

Comment

• Deer Hunter

Nice rifle, i've got a 6x18x40 Nikon Buckmaster coming for my Grendel. I'm looking forward to nailing a few deer with it (and some coyotes as well).

Comment

sweet that's the handguard Im using for my 24" build. It's like looking in to the future.

Comment

• tacticalgunner

wow very nice looking rifle

Comment

Which upper receiver is that?

Comment

• tacticalgunner

Looks like an Alexander Arms Billet Aluminium upper.

Comment

• tacticalgunner

what and where did you get that lower?

Comment

Tactical is right it is an Alexander Arms billet side charging upper. The lower is a spikes tactical lower. I couldnt get it directly from them they were backordered. But i bought that and another one from a a guy named Peter at PeaceKeeperDefense.com. I noticed on my other lower it doesnt have the little squares on the front of the magwell on the other receiver. But looking at the serial number the one on this grendel is a later serial so i guess they added that. Not sure. You can get them with or without the red spider and the red and white safety marks. Its a little cheaper but only like 10 dollars cheaper.

Keith
                              Last edited by Guest; 01-07-2012, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X