Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: 24 inches of Satern wholsome goodness came in Friday

  1. #21
    kamrr4437
    Guest
    The sheriff Station here is 1000 yards and is open to the public for free by appointment on the weekends. I have another range that is also 1000 yards but it has a membership and no cover over you. I think they want about 150 dollars i think, cant quite remember. Both are about 45 min away. i plan to go and test this one out at the sheriff station. The normal range i use is free and its a 200 yard range. But as one of my co workers pointed out after shooting the Grendel there. His words were. (This is like driving a ferrari down the highway at 25 miles an hour. You cant stretch it out here.) I took your advice on a 20 moa canted scope mount. I ended up going with the Aadmount. Its a well built piece.

  2. #22
    hrt4me
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kamrr4437 View Post
    Its a Samson Evolution Rail.
    which length?

  3. #23
    kamrr4437
    Guest
    Its a 15 inch length. I like it because it not only covers the gas block but doesnt leave as much barrel sticking out. Its pretty comfortable as well.

  4. #24
    kamrr4437
    Guest
    Here are some groups, this rifle is pretty consistent. These are not the best i have done with this gun but there pretty fair.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #25
    LRRPF52
    Guest
    Those are some sweet groups. Looking forward to seeing the legs stretched out at 600+.

  6. #26
    kamrr4437
    Guest
    That was acheived with factory Hornady 123 A-max. I dont really see a need in changing since it seems to like that bullet. I have also shot the 123 grain Lapua Scenar and it shoots equally the same. I just think the A-max is a better all purpose bullet. I know the ballistic tip will do the job. I want to thank you for your help on my rifle as well. Your advice helped alot and is greatly appreciated. I shot my Beowulf today for the first time. I was shooting 300 and 325 gr hollow points through it. If you measured it for 5 shots it would be an inch from outside to outside. But subtracting the bullet diameter it would be a half inch. The gun is not unbearable but its definately not the kind of gun i would want to just go and shoot 100 rounds in one day through. But it was a blast to shoot the cannon.

  7. #27
    thewileyone
    Guest
    That is definitely a nice looking rifle.

  8. #28
    kamrr4437
    Guest

    Video is a little dark but i had every light on in my living room.


  9. #29
    Bloodstained
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    76
    Thanks kamrr4437 for turning me onto the 6.5. Made the leap after seeing the vids you and Mr. Surgical Precision posted on Youtube. Those vids never get old. You fellas have undoubtedly sold a lot of rifles by now and deserve a lot of credit in the 6.5 industry. I e-mailed you about your barrel last summer and from that I decided to go with a fluted 22" Satern. Thanks for your response. Barrel should be done next month. Can't wait! Nice rifle!

  10. #30
    Bloodstained Apparition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonehill View Post
    I e-mailed you about your barrel last summer and from that I decided to go with a fluted 22" Satern. Thanks for your response. Barrel should be done next month. Can't wait! Nice rifle!
    About when did you order yours? I ordered one last October in 22" fluted from Satern, just trying to get an idea when mine might show up.

  11. #31
    Bloodstained
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Apparition View Post
    About when did you order yours? I ordered one last October in 22" fluted from Satern, just trying to get an idea when mine might show up.
    I talked to them about 3 weeks ago. They said they were set up running 20 inchers now and they'd be running the 22" barrels next. Said it would be about 6 weeks at that time, so I'm guessing towards the end of this month. Ordered mine early last August.

  12. #32
    Bloodstained Apparition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonehill View Post
    I talked to them about 3 weeks ago. They said they were set up running 20 inchers now and they'd be running the 22" barrels next. Said it would be about 6 weeks at that time, so I'm guessing towards the end of this month. Ordered mine early last August.
    That's good news, been tempted to contact them but trying to restrain myself. Plus my optic isn't available yet anyway so I'll still be waiting on it.

  13. #33
    Chieftain
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The mitten
    Posts
    1,034
    I have had a 22" barrel on order since May 2nd 2012 I don't even care anymore.... and on top of everything else its not even going to be a Grendel chamber....
    Punctuation is for the weak....

  14. #34
    Bloodstained
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    76
    Not a Grendel chamber? They told be SAAMI spec. was only way I could get one.

  15. #35
    Chieftain
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The mitten
    Posts
    1,034
    Not to kick a hornets nest but the are doing what the call a gredel 2 which is a Grendel chamber with a 6.5x47mm throat instead of the compound throat design aa uses so it is really a 264 lbc with a .300 neck some people have been having trouble with factory amax not chambering
    Punctuation is for the weak....

  16. #36
    Bloodstained Apparition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
    Not to kick a hornets nest but the are doing what the call a gredel 2 which is a Grendel chamber with a 6.5x47mm throat instead of the compound throat design aa uses so it is really a 264 lbc with a .300 neck some people have been having trouble with factory amax not chambering
    My understanding was the Grendel II was an option they are offering in addition to the SAAMI Grendel.

  17. #37
    Chieftain NugginFutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NRA Member, Rocky Mountain Area
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonehill View Post
    Not a Grendel chamber? They told be SAAMI spec. was only way I could get one.
    That was then. Since your order was placed, they have begun producing the non-SAAMI "grendel ii" as an option.

  18. #38
    Bloodstained
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    69
    Talked to Myranda at satern couple days ago, Ive had a 20" barrel on order since may 2013, she told me about 3 more months, before the 20" barrels should be ready. Asked about Grendel chamber and she said that it had been a problem with the button barrels and the cut barrels were not grendel 2 chambers unless you asked for that chamber.

  19. #39
    Bloodstained
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    76
    I ordered mine last August after multiple e-mails with Lindsey, Deb, and Miranda. Got an e-mail confirmation for my order. Everything's great, now just the waiting game, right??? Got to looking through some old e-mail's and saw that it was no extra charge to have them thread my barrel. Why not do it, save me $150 down the road @ can time. So I call em up and ask if they can go ahead and thread it being as they hadn't done it yet . She calls me back and says I have no order on file with them. I send them copy of e-mail confirmation from last August. Says she'll do some checking. Turns out, she spelled my name wrong and I had no order on file and was "lost in the system", but they let me in on the run anyway. Thank god I happened to call, right! They definitely told me it would be done in 6 wks, 3 wks ago. So...... Hopefully, I don't have to add them to my list of folks I will no longer do business with. Seems to be the case with EVERY vendor any more. Fully half the parts I order anymore are wrong when I get them or I just never get them. It's always 2 wks away, 2 wks, 2wks!

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonehill View Post
    I ordered mine last August after multiple e-mails with Lindsey, Deb, and Miranda. Got an e-mail confirmation for my order. Everything's great, now just the waiting game, right??? Got to looking through some old e-mail's and saw that it was no extra charge to have them thread my barrel. Why not do it, save me $150 down the road @ can time. So I call em up and ask if they can go ahead and thread it being as they hadn't done it yet . She calls me back and says I have no order on file with them. I send them copy of e-mail confirmation from last August. Says she'll do some checking. Turns out, she spelled my name wrong and I had no order on file and was "lost in the system", but they let me in on the run anyway. Thank god I happened to call, right! They definitely told me it would be done in 6 wks, 3 wks ago. So...... Hopefully, I don't have to add them to my list of folks I will no longer do business with. Seems to be the case with EVERY vendor any more. Fully half the parts I order anymore are wrong when I get them or I just never get them. It's always 2 wks away, 2 wks, 2wks!
    Last August was when I put my request in as well for a 20" barrel. So all this sounds like good news for me. The barrel and bcg is the last thing on my list for my build.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •