• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lonehill
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Apparition View Post
    About when did you order yours? I ordered one last October in 22" fluted from Satern, just trying to get an idea when mine might show up.
    I talked to them about 3 weeks ago. They said they were set up running 20 inchers now and they'd be running the 22" barrels next. Said it would be about 6 weeks at that time, so I'm guessing towards the end of this month. Ordered mine early last August.

Comment

• Apparition
      Warrior
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Lonehill View Post
      I talked to them about 3 weeks ago. They said they were set up running 20 inchers now and they'd be running the 22" barrels next. Said it would be about 6 weeks at that time, so I'm guessing towards the end of this month. Ordered mine early last August.
      That's good news, been tempted to contact them but trying to restrain myself. Plus my optic isn't available yet anyway so I'll still be waiting on it.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
        Chieftain
        • May 2012

I have had a 22" barrel on order since May 2nd 2012 I don't even care anymore.... and on top of everything else its not even going to be a Grendel chamber....
        Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Lonehill
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2013

Not a Grendel chamber? They told be SAAMI spec. was only way I could get one.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
            Chieftain
            • May 2012

Not to kick a hornets nest but the are doing what the call a gredel 2 which is a Grendel chamber with a 6.5x47mm throat instead of the compound throat design aa uses so it is really a 264 lbc with a .300 neck some people have been having trouble with factory amax not chambering
            Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Apparition
              Warrior
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
              Not to kick a hornets nest but the are doing what the call a gredel 2 which is a Grendel chamber with a 6.5x47mm throat instead of the compound throat design aa uses so it is really a 264 lbc with a .300 neck some people have been having trouble with factory amax not chambering
              My understanding was the Grendel II was an option they are offering in addition to the SAAMI Grendel.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Not a Grendel chamber? They told be SAAMI spec. was only way I could get one.
                That was then. Since your order was placed, they have begun producing the non-SAAMI "grendel ii" as an option.
                If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• RAM2940
                  Bloodstained
                  • May 2013

Talked to Myranda at satern couple days ago, Ive had a 20" barrel on order since may 2013, she told me about 3 more months, before the 20" barrels should be ready. Asked about Grendel chamber and she said that it had been a problem with the button barrels and the cut barrels were not grendel 2 chambers unless you asked for that chamber.

Comment

• Lonehill
                    Bloodstained
                    • Aug 2013

I ordered mine last August after multiple e-mails with Lindsey, Deb, and Miranda. Got an e-mail confirmation for my order. Everything's great, now just the waiting game, right??? Got to looking through some old e-mail's and saw that it was no extra charge to have them thread my barrel. Why not do it, save me $150 down the road @ can time. So I call em up and ask if they can go ahead and thread it being as they hadn't done it yet . She calls me back and says I have no order on file with them. I send them copy of e-mail confirmation from last August. Says she'll do some checking. Turns out, she spelled my name wrong and I had no order on file and was "lost in the system", but they let me in on the run anyway. Thank god I happened to call, right! They definitely told me it would be done in 6 wks, 3 wks ago. So...... Hopefully, I don't have to add them to my list of folks I will no longer do business with. Seems to be the case with EVERY vendor any more. Fully half the parts I order anymore are wrong when I get them or I just never get them. It's always 2 wks away, 2 wks, 2wks!

Comment

• MrBogey
                      Unwashed
                      • May 2014

I ordered mine last August after multiple e-mails with Lindsey, Deb, and Miranda. Got an e-mail confirmation for my order. Everything's great, now just the waiting game, right??? Got to looking through some old e-mail's and saw that it was no extra charge to have them thread my barrel. Why not do it, save me $150 down the road @ can time. So I call em up and ask if they can go ahead and thread it being as they hadn't done it yet . She calls me back and says I have no order on file with them. I send them copy of e-mail confirmation from last August. Says she'll do some checking. Turns out, she spelled my name wrong and I had no order on file and was "lost in the system", but they let me in on the run anyway. Thank god I happened to call, right! They definitely told me it would be done in 6 wks, 3 wks ago. So...... Hopefully, I don't have to add them to my list of folks I will no longer do business with. Seems to be the case with EVERY vendor any more. Fully half the parts I order anymore are wrong when I get them or I just never get them. It's always 2 wks away, 2 wks, 2wks!
                      Last August was when I put my request in as well for a 20" barrel. So all this sounds like good news for me. The barrel and bcg is the last thing on my list for my build.

Comment

• Lonehill
                        Bloodstained
                        • Aug 2013

Still haven't heard anything out of them, so I don't know.

Comment

• Lonehill
                          Bloodstained
                          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
                          I have had a 22" barrel on order since May 2nd 2012 I don't even care anymore.... and on top of everything else its not even going to be a Grendel chamber....
                          I'm starting to think that the 22" barrel is something that is gonna keep getting looked over. There are just way too many 20 and 24" barrels on order for them to set up and run 22" barrels. I just wish they'd admit it already so I can order an actual barrel elsewhere.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                            Chieftain
                            • Aug 2013

I'm starting to think that the 22" barrel is something that is gonna keep getting looked over. There are just way too many 20 and 24" barrels on order for them to set up and run 22" barrels. I just wish they'd admit it already so I can order an actual barrel elsewhere.
                            What's stopping you? Lilja or PF would certainly be happy to get you taken care of. Even a BHW .264 LBC can be had in 10 weeks or so. My 22" BHW arrived in an astonishing 3 weeks, but that was 18 months or so, back. Clearly, there are many options for good quality shooters.
                            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Joseph5
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2012

A Lilja AR24 barrel is only 23 inches from the end of the barrel extension to the crown so it is actually only about 22.5 inches counting the chamber. The are in stock and will ship the next the ams or next day. They might even chop an inch off for you, it would be worth asking.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                                Chieftain
                                • Aug 2013

I ordered my latest from BHW on May 19th. Just get my UPS shipment notification in email, 30 minutes ago. Just under 6 weeks, for custom Bull BBL w/ fluting. 22" barrel. OTD for under $400.

Comment

Working...
                                X