• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tackdriver
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

.936 adjustable gas block?

I have PRI .936 adjustable gas blocks on the past but I have my doubts about them fitting under the handrail I want. Does any body know on a good low pro adjustable .936 GB that can fit under a Diamond head VRS handrail?
  • Grendel84
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2014

Comment

• tackdriver
      Warrior
      • Feb 2013

If I read right, that is a .875

Comment

• 37L1
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by tackdriver View Post
        If I read right, that is a .875
        They make one in the size you want, clamp on or set screw:

Comment

• tackdriver
          Warrior
          • Feb 2013

Very good, I guess my next question would be which one clamp/set screw is believed to deliver maximum accuracy ? My first thought would be clamp on would in theory be applying equal pressure all the way around the barrel and set screw would create pressure points.

Comment

• Bwild97
            Warrior
            • Jan 2015

This one will fit!

Last edited by Bwild97; 02-25-2015, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

I'm getting away from gas blocks and going with adjustable gas key on my next adjustable gas system. I already have the key from Rubber City Armory/Brownell's. Just need to see how it works out.

Next rifle is going to have .936" block on a Lilja 22" fluted heavy.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• albireo
                Unwashed
                • Oct 2013

The adjustable gas key idea looks promising. Keep us posted on your progress with it. I am very interested in this new adjustable option.
                Last edited by albireo; 02-26-2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• GarandThumb
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2015

The adjustable gas key does look very interesting.

So quick question, and this applies to both adjustable gas blocks and the gas key. Does the adjustment port eventually get filled up with carbon/crud?

I have an adjustable gas plug on my M1 Garand and over time the build up of carbon gets to be so much that it starts to close off the vents. I had to let it soak in penetrating oil and then scape layers of carbon off just to be able to turn the adjustment screw after a couple of years of use.

Comment

• montana
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2011

It depends on the adjustable gas block. Most after market adjustable gas blocks, especially for the AR platform have a screw that blocks the gas port restricting gas flow. The screw will get a lot of carbon build up after use. I move my adj gas screw in and out every once in awhile to break up any carbon build up and so far I have had no problems. One of my main concerns is how long the screw will last from wash out from the highly heated gas. So far all my gas blocks have been working fine. Another concern is the coil spring used to index the adj screw setting. Coil Springs tend to fail under extreme high heat. SLR gas blocks have corrected this concern with a Titanium leaf spring which looks like a better design. I have seen adj gas blocks and adj gas tubes that have no way of locking the adjustment screw fail after the screw backed out under use. I avoid these types.

The FN FAL adj gas block avoids all these issues with an adjustable collar that increases or decreases the amount of gas impinging on the gas piston by increasing or decreasing the opening of the gas relief whole. I have seen these fail on a high round count full auto FAL where the collar expanded so much that it wouldn't seal the gas release whole no matter what setting it was on.

Only testing and use will prove the longevity of any design but I have had no problems with my Syrac or SLR gas blocks so far.

Comment

• albireo
                      Unwashed
                      • Oct 2013

I ended up ordering one of these from Brownells today.

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                      I'm getting away from gas blocks and going with adjustable gas key on my next adjustable gas system. I already have the key from Rubber City Armory/Brownell's. Just need to see how it works out.

Next rifle is going to have .936" block on a Lilja 22" fluted heavy.

Comment

Working...
                      X