• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • albireo
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2013

Side Charge Upper for 6.5 Grendel Build

Does anyone have one of these? How is it working for you? Things you like, things you don't like. Reciprocating or Non-Reciprocating? I am thinking about building my first side charge upper and am looking for opinions.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Have one, like it a lot. However, for whatever reason it is slightly more accurate without the side charge handle in place, I think they are great on hunting rigs, but for target shooting I leave the handle off.

Comment

• keystone183
      Warrior
      • Mar 2013

I also have one that i like very much. Very handy for a lot of purposes. BUT.......one drawback i just learned is....when you put a suppressor on the end, the blowback becomes pretty substantial....

Now, this is an ambi side charge so i suspect that has a lot to do with it (only have an ambi, no experience with right side only), but the first round i touched off surprised the hell out of me....Went and got my sunglasses in a hurry.....

Comment

• Heywood
        Warrior
        • Aug 2013

I have one as well. When shooting prone and or single loading it is very nice as I have a hard time getting hold of the charging handle with my giant mits. I have noticed zero drawbacks with it. Mine is a right side charge, right side eject with a reciprocating handle.
        quis posuit in mea ocreis bologna!

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
          Warrior
          • Apr 2011

We are now making right side charge and left side charge. Comes with NIB Carrier and spool knob.
          "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• 1badgrendel
            Unwashed
            • Feb 2015

Have one and love it, thinking of building another 14.5

Comment

Working...
            X