X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Howling Coyote
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2014

I have the SRP CCI 450 magnum primers for my Hornady brass but what LRP should I look for to reload this PPU brass?

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Powder Valley has Winchester LR primers in stock (for now anyway) for 27.50 per thousand.

Shop at Powder Valley for all of your reloading supplies. Reloading Presses Ship Free.

I usually use them for my stuff because they'll ship up to 48 pounds of powder and primers together on one hazmat. That helps keep the costs down. I usually get with my friends and just do a bulk order about once a year.

If anyone knows cheaper, I'm sure they'll chime in.
      Last edited by Variable; 03-17-2015, 11:10 PM. Reason: Spellinz...
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• lamrith
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        No, the PPU brass uses large rifle primers for some reason. Everyone else is using Small Rifle Primers, to include Lapua, AA, Hornady, Black Hills, Norma, and Nosler.
        Ughh, I was just going to buy some of the Wolf, but new to the round and looking to build up my brass the last thing I want to do is add another primer I have to stock, that can only be used in one round I shoot.
        Thanks for the heads up guys!
        Anderson lower with ALG Combat trigger and Ergo F43 stock:
        18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
        SAA lower(Form 1 in process)
        16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
        Anderson Pistol lower:
        16" 1:8 300BLK Free Float, Eotech XPS2.0
        6" 9mm with 7" free float and KAK muzzle device, Magpull MBUIS

Comment

• Z28SS
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2015

While we were out doing some chrono testing on reloads, we compared some Wolf as well. Compared to factory Hornady 123g A-max, the 120g Wolf was about 20 - 25 fps slower. The groups were similar. These results were with 2 different rifles. Seemed like a decent round.

Comment

Working...
          X