• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ejkoechling
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2014

ss-109 ammo at midway

1000 rds for $549.99 for anyone interested.. Won't last long http://www.midwayusa.com/product/855...1-_-Main_Image
  • Savage Shooter
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

Hmm, I got the same notice from Midway today, but it's seven hours later and you can still order it. And Larry Potter even has a personal message to potential buyers. Interestingly enough, even the much cheaper, but fairly well rated Independence FMJ ammo is still available after a few days of promotion http://www.midwayusa.com/product/336...?cm_vc=PerProd . Could it be that buyers are not feeling panicked over the potential loss of steel tipped penetrator ammo? Or maybe they have no money to spend after years of buying and hoarding?

For handloaders who might want to stock up on components for "plinking" ammo, Midsouth has 55 gr. .224 HP bullets on sale 5000 count for $515.
    My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

• montana
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

If you must have SS109 ammo, Walmart was selling ZQ1 ammo for 33 cents a round last week. http://www.walmart.com/ip/35327997?w...em+Description

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

SS109 has never shot even 2 MOA out of any rifle I've owned. Always figured if I couldn't hit where I wanted, it didn't matter if it had a steel penetrator!

Comment

• Buster
          Warrior
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
          SS109 has never shot even 2 MOA out of any rifle I've owned. Always figured if I couldn't hit where I wanted, it didn't matter if it had a steel penetrator!
          Agreed.
          A 10 rd group of this stuff from any of my 223s looks like a group shot from my Benelli SBEII w/00 buckshot.
          Sure is (was) fun to shoot from my carbine with the Slide-Fire stock on it.

It's still despicable that this g'ment agency is trying vilify this round.

Comment

• lamrith
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Yeah I had similar results when I tried it.
            Anderson lower with ALG Combat trigger and Ergo F43 stock:
            18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
            SAA lower(Form 1 in process)
            16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
            Anderson Pistol lower:
            16" 1:8 300BLK Free Float, Eotech XPS2.0
            6" 9mm with 7" free float and KAK muzzle device, Magpull MBUIS

Comment

• Savage Shooter
              Warrior
              • Dec 2014

But, I would guess that the "average" Grendel shooter is a far superior marksman compared to the "average" 5.56 AR owner, judging by the "normal" group sizes I see at 50 yards at my local gun ranges. I was at Gander Mountain over the weekend and they had probably 150 sq. ft. of shelf space stacked 8" high with .223 /5.56 ammo, yet NOT A SINGLE BOX of 6.5 Grendel. So, SS109 is probably just fine for a vast majority of shooters (many of whom probably do not reload and probably are happy with 3-4 MOA. And there is nothing wrong with that (although it's not for me).
              My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

Working...
              X