• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    If I push it, he seemed open to doing it actually. He would need gauges, a reamer, NO-GO/GO, etc.
    So, are you gonna push it?

Comment

• I learned recently that there is an 07 FFL holder in my area who does modifications on existing machinegun designs, to include an HK fire control group/grip on SAW's, Mk46's, Mk48's, etc., as well as caliber conversions on them. I think they would be the best route to take with this project.

I was looking at old pics of guys in SOG who carried the RPD for its lightweight, compactness, and firepower.

Comment

• stanc
        Banned
        • Apr 2011

I learned recently that there is an 07 FFL holder in my area who does modifications on existing machinegun designs, to include an HK fire control group/grip on SAW's, Mk46's, Mk48's, etc., as well as caliber conversions on them. I think they would be the best route to take with this project, compactness, and firepower.
        Sounds promising. I wonder if they can give a cost estimate?

Comment

• I have to tell you how impressed I am with the handling and balance of the RPD. It's been a while since I played with one, and it is very slim, light, and about perfect for an LMG.

I also saw something really cool from Tango Down...an AK quick barrel change system with an interrupted thread system, and a detent protruding out of the barrel trunnion. It would be cool to use that design on the RPD so it has a barrel change feature.

Comment

• Check this out:

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

Interesting. Sounds suppressed, intergral suppressor maybe? But that's a lot of rounds to carry and expend! Very nice.

Comment

• BjornF16
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2011

Check this out:

Did we lose the video file?
                LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• bwaites
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
                  Did we lose the video file?
                  Still works for me.

Comment

• BjornF16
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2011

OS X update...had to reboot. All works now...LOL. Thought the spammers had struck again...
                    LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• stanc
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                      Interesting. Sounds suppressed, intergral suppressor maybe?
                      Nah, just poor sound reproduction. That's quite common in videos such as this.

I'd like to see the negative characteristics of these back pack systems. They never show us that.

Comment

• txgunner00
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post

I'd like to see the negative characteristics of these back pack systems. They never show us that.
                        +1 I bet it's heavy as hell.

Cool concept though.
                        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

I coulda sworn there's a video of Gene Stoner himself, from the '50s, wearing an ammo backpack and firing an LMG in exactly the same way. OK, hell, gimme a sec to Google it. . . . OK, got it.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CVKHBQ9YpNs . Start at the 6:00 mark.

John
                          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• 6.5 Grendel on an RPD belt....like they were meant to go together.....

Comment

• stanc
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2011

6.5 Grendel on an RPD belt....like they were meant to go together.....
                              Yes indeed. But, we already knew that from the terrific work done in late 2011 by RangerRick, and his posts on pages 6-7 of this thread.

While it would be great to see a Grendel LMG even if it feeds from RPD belts, to have the slightest chance of being adopted by the US military will require disintegrating links.

Comment

Working...
                              X