X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoOne
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2014

I'm both surprised and very pleased to hear that the Hornady brass is holding up so well. Anything that comes remotely close to Lapua cases is wonderful!

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Lapua/AA headstamp
      Nosler (this is Norma brass)
      Hornady
      New lot PPU (120gr MPT brass)
      Old PPU (123gr SP)

I have a lot of the Hornady, but have focused mainly on loading Lapua brass. The Lapua and Norma/Nosler come chamfered already, very clean, very high quality. No need to size, just load and blast.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Bwild97
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

The Lapua head stapmed brass also has a slightly larger flash hole compared to the AA head stamped brass. The flash holes in the Lapua brass still appear smaller than the Hornady though. The smaller flash hole was a problem for some who used Lee reloading dies.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Bwild97 View Post
          The Lapua head stapmed brass also has a slightly larger flash hole compared to the AA head stamped brass. The flash holes in the Lapua brass still appear smaller than the Hornady though. The smaller flash hole was a problem for some who used Lee reloading dies.
          Lapua and AA are exactly the same brass, off the same runs with a headstamp change. The flash hole variation is simply due to manufacturing tolerance differences from lot to lot. I have both styles with bigger and small flash holes.

Comment

• Bwild97
            Warrior
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
            Lapua and AA are exactly the same brass, off the same runs with a headstamp change. The flash hole variation is simply due to manufacturing tolerance differences from lot to lot. I have both styles with bigger and small flash holes.
            That's interesting, cause "all" of my AA brass have very tight flash holes, felt when depriming. And "all" of my Lapua brass lack the tight feel of the decaper pin moving through the flash hole.

I guess I'll have buy a bunch more Lapua brass until I get some that prove me wrong.

I'll see if I can get some measurements of the flash holes

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

1.5mm +/- whatever their mfg tolerance is.

Comment

Working...
              X