• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bwild97
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

Norma - 202 and VhitaVuori N -133 Powders: 18" and 24" Velocity Comparisons

These are some velocity comparisons of my 24" J&T and my 18" Saber from PF.

Projectiles:
    90g Speer TNT
    100g Sierra Varminter
    100g Lapua Scenar
    120g Lapua Scenar-L

The control group.

• Bwild97
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

Some groups from the 18"

Comment

• koden
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2014

I have been interested in the norma powder. Is the charge you tried for the 120g a max load? How much does it fill the case?
      Last edited by koden; 03-09-2015, 08:02 PM. Reason: norma, not nosler

Comment

• terrywick4
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

what do the circled letters mean?

Comment

• Bwild97
          Warrior
          • Jan 2015

The type of brass used. L= Lapua, AA= Alex-A, H= Hornady.

Comment

• Bwild97
            Warrior
            • Jan 2015

Range Day with my 18" PF build!

Despite how this day started, it turned out to be a good day!

How it Started:
            I got all loaded up to make my way to the range, rifle strap on my shoulder, range bag in one hand and a miscellaneous bag in the other. As I walked into the Gun Shop / range access the QD strap attachment on my single point sling failed, allowing

the 9lb 12oz rifle to go crashing to the concrete floor muzzle first and then falling over on to the scope (all TIMBERRRR!! like). A range officer witnessed the entire event rushed over to me and ask if he could check the rifle to clear it for range access,

I said yes, he then asked if I needed to borrow a scope! Remembering that I had a backup RedDot in my bag I said no, he chuckled and said to just ask if I were to change my mind. Once on the firing line, I gave a visual inspection of the rifle

revealing only a scuff on the muzzle break and some missing paint on the turret cap, I reluctantly opened the lens covers at both ends of the scope, expecting to see broken glass. There was none, not even a crack in the objective lens. So I looked

through the scope expecting to see a shattered reticle or a reticle that was way off center, but it wasn't shattered or off center. I loaded a magazine and prepared for fire, looking for the 100 yd silhouette plate that I was hitting dead center the

last time I was here, I figured wouldn't it be funny if; after that ordeal I could get a headshot. Aim...Squeeez...Fire...Ping, Right between the eyes. I heard the range officer mutter "holyshit...Do it again he said"...Ping, again...Ping...Ping...Ping. All 5

rounds landed center forehead. Still not satisfied that the scope was 100% ok, I prepared some targets for a box test and turret tracking, got a mostly perfect box and turrets tracked as expected. Onto load testing!!

Attached Files

Comment

• Bwild97
              Warrior
              • Jan 2015

Comment

• Sticks
                Chieftain
                • Dec 2016

Used up your freebie for the year with the gravity test. Good thing it's almost over.
                Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• xlcc
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2016

Looks like she's a keeper.

Comment

Working...
                  X