X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GLShooter
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2014

30 ARX, 30 Major, 30 Walker, 308 Arrow, 30 Grendel, 30 AMU and a coupe others out there. I don't know the name of it but a world record benchrest group is held by basically the same thing. It is doing very well in score matches in BR also.

The AMU prefers it for the long range 3Gun stuff. It shoots MAJOR and this is the big benefit in that venue. I'll probably shoot mine a bit there but just like shooting th 6.8 varaints the brass is not cheap and you hate to leave it on the ground. I do like my Lapua.

Greg
    Last edited by GLShooter; 03-10-2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• ricsmall
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by lrgrendel View Post
      So is this a 6.8 REM necked up to a 30 cal?
      No, it's a Grendel necked up.
      Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• lrgrendel
        Warrior
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
        No, it's a Grendel necked up.
        Ok. So if a 30 ARX and a 308 Arrow are both necked up from a Grendel, what is the difference between the two of them??

Comment

• GLShooter
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by lrgrendel View Post
          Ok. So if a 30 ARX and a 308 Arrow are both necked up from a Grendel, what is the difference between the two of them??
          Probably nothing to speak of. A 0.001 here or there but I'll bet lunch you can load either one with the same dies just like the G. and the 265 LBC. Hornady makes the Arrow dies and they are proprietary.

Greg

Comment

• ricsmall
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by GLShooter View Post
            Probably nothing to speak of. A 0.001 here or there but I'll bet lunch you can load either one with the same dies just like the G. and the 265 LBC. Hornady makes the Arrow dies and they are proprietary.

Greg

+1. Prolly the only difference is mfr. haven't measured the 30arx, but the two are very similar.

Richard
            Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• se3388
              Warrior
              • Sep 2011

Looks just like the 7.62 x 39 my buddy in Hawaii was shooting about 1996 when I lived over there. I shot it quite a bit and it was quite accurate. He took a bunch of Axis deer with it. I always thought about turning a 7.62 x 39 barrel into one but never got around to it.

Steve...........

Comment

• Grendel
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2015

Stuff a .338 300gr in a Grendel case and call it the 338 Blackhole lol!
                Last edited by Grendel; 05-30-2015, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• JASmith
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Grendel View Post
                  Stuff a .338 300gr in a Grendel case and call it the 338 Blackhole lol!
                  One might even be able to get the action to cycle with subsonic loads with that 300gr bullet!
                  shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                  -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Clays23
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2015

30 ARX is in same case as the 6.5 grendel which is the old .220 Russian
                    Joshua 1:9

Comment

• JASmith
                      Chieftain
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Clays23 View Post
                      30 ARX is in same case as the 6.5 grendel which is the old .220 Russian
                      Not quite the same.

The Grendel comes from the PPC line of cases, which in turn, were derived from the 220 Russian. Both are ultimately based on the 7.62x39.

The transformation from the 220 to PPC to Grandel adds about three grains pf case capacity.
                      shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                      -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

Working...
                      X