• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Headshot Butterball Boar

Had a problem hog. Today he will be turned into sausage.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

DRT'd him. How long have you had the Armasight Zeus now, and is it holding up/performing to your expectations?

Nice video again. This comparison video is one of the better ones I have seen out there:

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

I have had my Zeus for about 5 months. The biggest notable problem is that when it is really cold, battery consumption increases and puts a heavy drain on the batteries. That is my biggest complaint. Otherwise, I think well of the scope, though no thermal scope is perfect for everyone and each brand has some good features and some you just have to wonder how they arrived at the decision to make a given feature as they did, LOL.

I had set zero over the first two range sessions and have left it alone since then. I think it needs to be tweaked now, but I don't know if that is because I didn't refine it well enough originally, that the ammo is a tad different batch to batch, or that banging the rifle around in and out of cases and vehicles countless times (and one fall over in the stand), but it is apparent that the POI is at the bottom of the reticle dot and I need to adjust it so that it hits at the top for my 100 yard zero, though I think I zeroed for the center of the dot. The resolution is excellent (but the 2015 scopes are even better) given ambient environmental conditions. When conditions are really good, the videos look like B&W movies. All thermal scopes excel or suffer depending on the environment conditions and the Zeus is no exception. Unlike some gear I have had in the past, I am confident in this scope to be on target trip to trip.

Glad you like the comparison video you cited. I was part of the group that put that together and it was for that reason that I ended up buying the scope I bought.
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• 81police
        Warrior
        • Feb 2013

Always love the Pingmaster productions. I'm just glad you don't hunt in my county, I'd have far less target opportunities! haha

This fall when we start running a suppressed 6.5 I plan to switch to the 123gr. SST. I've shot a handful of hogs and 1 deer with that round and it performed very satisfactory.

Great shot btw
        John 11:25-26

Comment

Working...
        X