• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buster
    Warrior
    • Mar 2012

Golf

I got to play Grendel Golf today since the weather was so nice. It's a lot more fun than the conventional way. That ball can go a long way if you hit it with the right caliber....errr, I mean club.
    Putting is a BITCH though!

• PredatorDown
    Warrior
    • Jun 2014

My cousins and I will do what we call redneck golf occasionally. Basically a mix of skeet and golf. Tee one up, send it high with a pitching wedge, and have a line of guys with shotguns try to hit it

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
      Warrior
      • Oct 2012

I have played all kinds of variations on sniper/redneck golf as a kid with my cousins as well. We would each throw a ball and hit it with a rifle until it was out of range or hidden. Or place a ball at an unknown distance and two shooters try to clip the ball on their edge and force it outside the lane on their opponents side of agreed on borders. Alternatively, we would try to clip the very bottom of the ball or can so that it is thrown up in the air, the highest kick in the air wins (bonus points for hitting it again in the air). Etc etc reactive and moving targets are the best fun ever and it just never gets old.

Comment

• kmon
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2015

Have rounds of golf ball races from time to time. Have a range with Berm at 100 yards and bare dirt from bench to berm. One golf ball for each shooter starting at 20 yards and run them to the berm with 22s. Sighted in a 50 BMG one afternoon, had to try it on a golfball at 50 yards setting on top of the blackboard target stand, centered the golfball and there was a white half circle below where it was sitting. That is all we could find of the ball. Shot a golf ball at 50 yards with a 38-55 255gr soft point bullet, the ball almost penetrated the target stand at 100 yards, bullet was still inside the ball, wonder if someone hit that ball later as it was left on a par 5 at the edge of the fairway.

Comment

• wheelguner
          Warrior
          • Oct 2011

A little departure from Grendel but several of us shoot at painballs on golf tees at varyung distances out to 75yds using 22 rimfires. Make a very satisfying splatter wehn hit and are a real challenge at the longer ranges. Cheap fun and good trigger time.

Comment

• rabiddawg
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2013

Down here in s La. many folks have satsuma orange trees. When the fruit gets old they gladly give them away.

223 and grendel vaporize oranges

Im gonna go buy some paint balls!
            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• motoxxx_ryder
              Warrior
              • Mar 2015

have you guys heard of the egg shoot?

if i remember correctly its a egg at 100 yards everyone shoots and it moves back 100 yards till theres a winner. seems like it would be a fun challenge among friends.

Comment

• terrywick4
                Warrior
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by motoxxx_ryder View Post
                have you guys heard of the egg shoot?

if i remember correctly its a egg at 100 yards everyone shoots and it moves back 100 yards till theres a winner. seems like it would be a fun challenge among friends.
                My Family (brothers, nieces, nephew etc. . . ) use a 6" steel plate and the 38 pistol, start at 30yds everyone that hits it goes back 5 yds. . . The farthest we have made it back is in the 100 yrd range. good cheap fun

Comment

Working...
                X