• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Headshot Boar, 205 lbs, 120 Yards, Nasty Wound

A buddy gave me some Alexander Arms factory ammo and said it would work well for hogs if I shot in the neck or head. He was right!

Video

Images
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Great kill! I still laugh at the ping every time. I love my ping maker too. It's like a dinner bell. Ping! Dinner is down!
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• 81police
      Warrior
      • Feb 2013

Nice boar! Do you ever keep the skulls of good ones?

First time I noticed your rifle is an LMT lower, so is mine!

Your videos are really good too btw
      John 11:25-26

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

TNT sure turned that pigs lights off. There was some kind of little critter showing up in the thermal off to the right. Looked to big to be a field mouse, maybe an armadillo? If this was in my area I'd say Opossum but are there any in Texas? Thanks for posting!

Comment

• montana
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

Great shot, what shooting position were you using? Were you using shooting sticks etc ? You have some great hunting videos, I enjoy them all.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2013

81police, I used to process a bunch of the skulls and donate them to schools and such. Occasionally, I will do a whole skeleton and donate it (disarticulated). I think I have 7 or 8 skulls with mandibles on a shelf just sitting right now. So YES, I like to save the skulls from time to time, but this one isn't going to be in very good shape.

I got my LMT with one of their 2 stage triggers back when I thought I wanted to do long range shooting several years ago and was told a 2 stage trigger was the way to go. Not sure that it is, but it is a good trigger, though I think I like a good one stage better. It is definitely a quality piece of gear and since I am not long range shooting, it is a fine hunting lower.

Vascar2, I do believe the itty bitty critter off to the right is probably a rat based on its size and moving above ground (not a gopher or mole).

The AA TNT ammo was probably only useful for a CNS type shot, but it really messed up the head. I was impressed with what it did. At 90 gr. and ~2800 fps at the muzzle, it really hammered him.
            Kill a hog. Save the planet.
            My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

Working...
            X