X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Z28SS
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2015

I am new to reloading Grendel ammo and I am just taking baby steps for now. Using the Alexander Arms load info as a guide line, I loaded 123g A-Max bullets with 31.1, 31.3 and 31.5 grains of BL-C2, using Hornady brass and CCI 450 primers. Ambient temp was 62 degrees. According to my chrono, all loads were faster than factory Hornady 123g A-Max loads. I didn't see a significant change in velocity between the 31.3 and 31.5 loads but I was starting to see obvious pressure signs with the 31.5 loads. These loads were shot through 2 different rifles and the results were consistent with both guns. I thought it was interesting that Alexander Arms lists 31.5 as the "minimum" load. That minimum load was pretty hot, IMHO.

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by MountainCur View Post
      Where you guys starting at with CFE 223? I actually found some. Had to drive two hours one way for it and another powder but hey I got some. Now I just need a hand. Thank you, gents.
      What bullet are you loading?

I highly recommend these, Volume II in particular
      Last edited by biodsl; 03-22-2015, 05:19 AM. Reason: Link added
      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• MountainCur
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2015

I've got 850 of the 123 nosler cc's. And yes if the woman with a frying pan hovering over my knees would let me I'd get volume 1 and 2. I will but she wants a new kitchen and I have to work w second job if I want any boomstick stuff. I've even had her shoot some competitions and she loves doing it, but she likes homemaking stuff more. A good thing, yes, she's a hell of a cook and the best woman to partner with in this life, but dang I wish those frying pans weren't always hovering! Since I work construction the making hay season is upon me, which is nice but the kitchen.... Oh that kitchen.....

Comment

• Blacklab
          Warrior
          • Mar 2012

I've got 850 of the 123 nosler cc's. And yes if the woman with a frying pan hovering over my knees would let me I'd get volume 1 and 2. I will but she wants a new kitchen and I have to work w second job if I want any boomstick stuff. I've even had her shoot some competitions and she loves doing it, but she likes homemaking stuff more. A good thing, yes, she's a hell of a cook and the best woman to partner with in this life, but dang I wish those frying pans weren't always hovering! Since I work construction the making hay season is upon me, which is nice but the kitchen.... Oh that kitchen.....
          LMAO! So funny bet yet so true. Cast iron not just made for cooking......... wink
          Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

I've got 850 of the 123 nosler cc's.
            The Hornady 9th edition says 26.2 - 31.2 grains of CFE for the 120-123 grain projectiles. I'd be worth cooking the books on those remodeling receipts to own volume II....
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• MountainCur
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2015

Alright! So just got back inside and I have two loads. First up with a .55'' group is 26.5 gr of 8208, lapua brass and a CCI450. And last but not least with a .5'' group is 31gr CFE223, lapua brass, and a CCI 41. Don't know the fps yet and will developed it tighter if possible. Dang! I was starting to get worried.

Comment

Working...
              X