• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big J
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2015

Slowly But Surely

Another 6.5 Grendel. So far I have a Mega Machine and Tool lower receiver with a DD lpk, and a Magpul ACS. I'm interested in a ALG ACT trigger group then adding reduced power JP springs. Never tried the ACT but have the JP springs in a couple rifles. I want a sweet trigger but have a hard time bringing myself to drop 250 on a higher end unit. The buffer tube and spring came off my .308. Its about 3/4 of an inch longer than any other tube I've seen, milspec or commercial. The spring is also a little longer. The buffer is an H2. We will see how/if it runs. Should be fine though. The barrel will be the 18" BHW with gas tube and bolt from Precision Firearms (Thanks Mark). The muzzle brake is a AAC 51t Brakeout, on the shelf and ready to go. I have a 13.5 Diamondhead VRS T on order along with a Mega Machine upper. I still need to decide on which adjustable gas block to go with. Anderson Rifles has a new one out made of steel that I might use. I'll pick up a carrier at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot, probably some other goodies too. Its April 10th-12th. If you've never been you should go. Check out the videos on youtube. Need to figure out what magnification glass to go with too, 4-12 or 6-20 or? Likely I'll only shoot 100-500 yards but 1000 is a possibility.
    I think that's all I got for now. Heres a pic of the lower.

• spectra
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2014

Looks good so far! I love the Mega stuff. I am using one of there Billet Lowers in my build.

Comment

• Big J
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by spectra View Post
      Looks good so far! I love the Mega stuff. I am using one of there Billet Lowers in my build.
      Haven't tried their billet stuff but I've been building on their forged stuff for years. I love the quality.

Heres the gas block I found. If anyone has a thoughts let me know. I only want to buy once.

Comment

• spectra
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Big J View Post
        Haven't tried their billet stuff but I've been building on their forged stuff for years. I love the quality.

Heres the gas block I found. If anyone has a thoughts let me know. I only want to buy once.
        http://www.andersonrifles.com/produc...eel-gas-block/

Should work but I think people like these guys http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?r...tegory&path=57 I am going to try the adjustable gas key instead of the block https://www.rubbercityarmory.com/scr...p?idproduct=49 Just gettinga bolt carrier with it installed.

Comment

• Big J
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2015

Picked up a couple more pieces today.

Comment

• Big J
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2015

Got another one today. Feels nice in the hand.

Comment

• Big J
              Bloodstained
              • Feb 2015

I got a good deal on some parts today, very lightly used, as in no wear marks. A complete WMD NiB BCG, Strike Industries charging handle, WMD NiB fcg, another upper receiver, midlength gas tube, and a Magpul Moe Midlength forearm for a buck ninety. Some parts of course will go to different builds but the bolt carrier and possibly he fcg will go to this one.

Comment

• sneaky one
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Good deal Big J- you almost stole those parts dude ! The handguard is nicey nice.

Comment

• am4966
                  Chieftain
                  • Jul 2014

Primary Arms has Odin Works new adjustable Gas block on sale its 25.00 off. Lots of people use the SLR, Syrac is another nice one Especiallyif you can get it around 85.00

But the Anderson looks fine. We won't know until someone gets it and sees how it is.
                  12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                  Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                  Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Big J
                    Bloodstained
                    • Feb 2015

All I have left to buy is some kind of optic, mount, and adjustable gas block. I think I'm going to hold off on ordering anything else until after the shoot. If I can't find any good deals there I'll go ahead and order online. That is unless some more good deals pop up on armslist, lol.

Comment

• Big J
                      Bloodstained
                      • Feb 2015

LOL, couldn't help myself. Ordered a SLR Sentry 7 and 5 boxes of Hornady 123gr. SST. Now all I need is a scope, mount, and 500+ yards to shoot it. I could rob the scope of my .308 if I have to but I'd rather not, its all locktited down. I just got done with it a few weeks ago. Kinda when I found the 6.5 Grendel. Heres a couple pics of it.

Comment

• Big J
                        Bloodstained
                        • Feb 2015

Gas block made it in today, I got this one.

Comment

• Big J
                          Bloodstained
                          • Feb 2015

Did some tinkering with the lower this past weekend. After reading up on building a softer shooting gun I've pulled the weight out of the buffer and changed to a different buffer spring. Looking at trying out a Tubbs flat wire buffer spring too. Dropped in the Nib fcg, feels nice but I still need to upgrade to a nicer trigger. I'm looking at trying out a Geissele G2S it looks like a nice unit for the money. I'd love to have the hi speed nm dmr but can't justify that at the moment. The crows foot for the barrel nut came in today along with some ammo too.

Comment

• newb
                            Warrior
                            • Feb 2015

Ever tried this?

Depending on how much take-up your trigger has, it works wonders!

I have one and a little "stone work" in my 5.56. Surprising how well you can tune up your trigger to perform close to a high end single stage drop in set up.

Will make it a lot easier during the wait for the next upgrade.
                            Last edited by newb; 04-08-2015, 01:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Big J
                              Bloodstained
                              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by newb View Post
                              Ever tried this?

Depending on how much take-up your trigger has, it works wonders!

I have one and a little "stone work" in my 5.56. Surprising how well you can tune up your trigger to perform close to a high end single stage drop in set up.

Will make it a lot easier during the wait for the next upgrade.
                              I've seen those, I have a few rifles that would benefit. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
                              X