X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big J
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2015

I went to the Knob Creek machine gun shoot today. The show was great, too many good deals, not enough dough but thats usually the way it goes every shoot. Double Star was there with 3 big boxes of scratch and dent Ace stocks that looked like maybe they got banged around in the safe a bit for 40-80 bucks. CMMG had carbine to 14" keymod handguards for 130.00 and under, along with .22 conversions with mag for 80.00. I picked up a few things, scope, mount, 2 slings, semi bcg, .22 conv., Geissele G2S fcg, and a couple different middy handguard for a kiss rifle. Couldn't decide on fatty or skinny hanguards so I got both, 5 bucks each with heat shields, couldn't pass those up for the price. Copes distributing had some great deals too, ruger bx25 mags for 20 bucks, Geissele G2S for 130.00, great ammo prices too.

I picked up the semi bcg because its lighter then the FA NiB bcg. Not sure which one will go in, I want the softest recoil possible. However the NiB bcg should run smoother. I think I got a pretty good deal on the scope and mount. The mount isn't really what I wanted because it has no cant and not sure how solid it is compared ADM, NF, and others. But it'll work for now I guess.

Comment

• lead chucker
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Sounds like you did pretty well!

Comment

• Big J
        Bloodstained
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by lead chucker View Post
        Sounds like you did pretty well!
        I think I did. I wanted the ffp scope but just couldn't justify the extra dough for my needs. I ended up with the scope and mount for 7 even new in box from a dealer. The mount has 0 cant but 2-600 yards is probably all I'll end up getting to shoot around here. Still might end up with a different mount, just depends on how much longer it takes for the barrel to come in from PF.

Comment

• lead chucker
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Big J View Post
          I think I did. I wanted the ffp scope but just couldn't justify the extra dough for my needs. I ended up with the scope and mount for 7 even new in box from a dealer. The mount has 0 cant but 2-600 yards is probably all I'll end up getting to shoot around here. Still might end up with a different mount, just depends on how much longer it takes for the barrel to come in from PF.
          I think you can get out farther than 600 yrds with that scope and mount. I have 0 cant in my bobro and I get out to 600 just using the scope reticle.. Weaver 3x15 tactical Mil/Mil.

Comment

• Big J
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2015

I installed the G2S today, feels great. Crisp and light compared to a milspec trigger. Should assist me in pulling off a nice group or two. Installed the forward assist in the upper receiver too. Once I got that far I couldn't resist, I had to toss the handguard on to see what it looked and felt like.

Comment

• Big J
              Bloodstained
              • Feb 2015

Just an update. My barrel from Precision Firearms will be in this week. Won't have time to finish the build but I'm excited to get the barrel, bolt and gas tube. I decided against using the vortex mount because it'd be silly to put ring mount marks on that brand new scope only to eventually swap it over to a mount with 20moa of cant on it. So I have a AD Recon 30mm 20moa on the way. Hopefully I'll have time to finish assembling and maybe even break it in next week.

Comment

• Big J
                Bloodstained
                • Feb 2015

I received my barrel last Thursday, it was beautiful, but it was missing a little something so I called Mark and it went back to PF on Friday. It was a bummer but oh well I'll get it back soon enough. Excellent customer service btw. My mount made it in today. Very nice, can't wait to toss it all together.

Comment

• Big J
                  Bloodstained
                  • Feb 2015

No assembly yet but I'm very happy to post a pic of a very nice barrel. Plus give some props to Precision Firearms for the best turnaround time in the world. They got my barrel on Tuesday and I got it back on Friday. You can't beat that. Mark is a good guy to deal with. Hope to make some time to assemble this week.

Comment

• Big J
                    Bloodstained
                    • Feb 2015

Well I made time and got my rifle together. Not sure about the rail, it feels nice and looks good but had a very noticeable tuning fork twang when the bolt slams foward, even when dry firing it has a bit of a tink sound. All from the rail. This rifle is for punching paper and whacking steel so I'm not too worried about it. Plus I used a dab of red loctite on the barrel extension and gas block, so I'll let it ride for awhile, lol. Now to make time to break it in then dial it in to see what it/I can do, lol.

Comment

• Big J
                      Bloodstained
                      • Feb 2015

A couple more.

Comment

• am4966
                        Chieftain
                        • Jul 2014

It might be your flash hider/muzzle break since the ends are all the danger length.
                        12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                        Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                        Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Variable
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Yeah, my thoughts too. My Blackout flash suppressors ring, so I'd check the brake for the tuning fork ring.
                          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Big J
                            Bloodstained
                            • Feb 2015

As goofy as it is, its the rail, maybe I have it too tight or I'll try something in between the rail and barrel nut. I can grab the Brakeout, release the bolt and get the ping. Do the same thing, holding the rail and no ping. It may not be that big a deal on a rest when shooting it. We will see next week, hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                            X