Help us help a family go to Disney with us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PrecisionFirearms
    Warrior
    • Apr 2011

Help us help a family go to Disney with us!

Ok this is the first I have done anything like this and I know a lot of you folks here have a kind heart.

Let me give some background. I am helping a single mother with two kids, Son 10 and Daughter 12 through a rough time. Up until a few years ago, she was married to a very abusive person that beat her and her kids. I saw the pictures, it was really bad. She finally got the courage to leave the crazy a**hole and took the kids with her. She lived out of her minivan for 6 months till she was able to afford an apartment. Now she is trying to juggle school for nursing and a job at the same time. (BTW: the dad, if you can call him that, ended up in jail and then deported back to where he came from.) A few months ago my wife and I started helping her and the kids financially and psychologically. The kids are spending time in our home and will be with us most of the summer to get them out of the city and also to be with adults instead of at home alone while their mom is at work 50 hours a week. They have never been taken fishing, camping, and never past 50 miles from home worth mentioning. Never had a vacation. Really sad situation. I see the daughter showing signs of repeating the same pattern all over again. The mom's mom was beat and abused by her dad to point she finally leaves him and comes to the 48 states. The dad follows her and the first thing he does and beat her up and the kids. Then the mom goes through basically the same thing all over again. We want / need to break the cycle!

Anyway we have plans to take my family to Disney World and Tampa area for fishing this May and are looking to invite them along. I am asking for donations to help cover some of their costs which includes airfare, meals, Disneyworld tickets, etc. We are putting $1000 into the trip for them, but that isn't enough to cover. My family's end is covered and we have a timeshare we are sharing for lodging. She insists she can work overtime and pay me back, but that means the kids are at home alone even more! I shot that down in a hurry. She doesn't know I am doing this fund raising, but I will tell her if we get the funds. I don't want to disappoint her or her kids any more in case we don't get the donations. I have personally helped them financially to the tune of about $2000 so far not counting this trip. We spend about an hour each day talking to her and the kids so they get some solid support emotionally.

Most of you guys can spare a $10 or $20 and never miss it! You can donate by Paypal to precars@aol.com or by check, or card on our website.

Custom AR-15 Rifles, Custom Uppers, Custom Lower, 6.5 Grendel, AR15, AR 15, AR-15, AR15 upper, custom upper, Lilja, DPMS, Precision, Precision Firearms, Precision-firearms, percision firearms, custom upper, custom ar, custom ar15, barrels, rifle barrels, Shilen, CAA, Command Arms, Yankee Hill, Yankee Hill Machine, 204 ruger, .204 ruger, 223 wyld

If there are excess funds, they will be used to help her and her family financially in the future. We are also trying to help them get out of the tiny 800 sf apartment.

James and Michelle.jpg
    Last edited by PrecisionFirearms; 03-26-2015, 03:19 AM.
    "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Im in for $50, who do you want the check made out to? You or PF?
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Hope you succeed. No family should ever go through that.

PayPal sent.
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
        Warrior
        • Apr 2011

Personal, Thanks, you are very generous!

Mark Hostetter
        Last edited by PrecisionFirearms; 03-26-2015, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
          Warrior
          • Apr 2011

So far we have received pledges and funds for $125.00!

The goal is $2000. Thanks to those that have donated!

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

Mark...you're a good man. So is your wife. Donation made.

When is the trip? I could donate again after the first if that's not too late. If necessary, please bump this thread as a reminder.
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
              Warrior
              • Apr 2011

Trip is scheduled for May 21-28. Thanks biodsl!

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                Warrior
                • Apr 2011

Added picture of the kids.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

Needs a bump - these kids deserve more...
                  If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• pug6.5
                    Unwashed
                    • Sep 2014

Come on Guys!

Mark sent you some more $ Via paypal. Come on guys this is a good cause! Every last one of us can for go a box of ammo and help the kids enjoy a little bit more in life. Think about when you were a kid didn't you always want to go to Disney? Why not help send this family and give them a bit of a break in life. Some times thats all it takes to feel like you can take on the world.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2011

Good Idea. PUG! I will donate $5 out of each box of ammo you guys order for the next 2 weeks. Email me the order number with Code Disney so I know who is doing this to help out!

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2011

So far we ave received 1050.00 from local and private donations!

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                          Warrior
                          • Apr 2011

For far we have reach about $1450.00 in all donations including paypal and checks. Thanks for the continued support!

Comment

• biodsl
                            Chieftain
                            • Aug 2011

April donation sent.
                            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• deadeyerick
                              Bloodstained
                              • Apr 2013

Just sent you $100 That should help

Comment

Working...
                              X