• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badmoon692008
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by wraith1516 View Post
    had a friend's dad shoot a doe in the nose broke its neck and dropped it right there wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it he shot it with a winchester model 94 30 30 but hey those old timers knew how to shoot not waste lead love the video work I subscribed to your channel also thinking as I wait for tax return TEXAS HUNTING TRIP been trying for a bobcat for 15 years and really want a badger too
    I've seen the same thing... My dad hit a doe and once we got over to it we couldn't figure out where he hit it... looked up and down and no entrance or exit, then rolled her over and saw he shot her lower jaw right off and she dropped dead right in her tracks...

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

I actually like the zoom FOV in the overall FOV. I had this idea for an optic years ago for a military sight, based on the vision of a falcon.

You have your wide FOV for situational awareness, and your zoom for finer aiming. Excellent videos again.

I wonder if you had a 120gr TSX in the first video for the quartering shot if it would have turned out differently.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

The problem with PiP and what takes getting used to is seen in the second video when I tried to get on the running hogs and I was still looking at the top PiP crosshair but seeing the hogs in the larger picture peripherally. I swung the PiP onto them and they disappeared because the scope was actually pointed lower than them as seen in the big picture view. I made the correction and using the big picture, but the error on my part occurred.

Hopefully, my description makes sense. The feature is very neat, but not completely idiot-proof.
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• jawbone
          Warrior
          • Jan 2012

first-rate stuff, 00Spy. I do believe you have this thermal video thing mastered.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

Just watching the video, going back and forth between PiP and wide FOV, you can see that you need to train with it and have a plan for how to index on targets, track, and follow-up.

To me, it makes sense to target detect with the wide FOV low mag, then TGT ID with PiP, and begin the TGT engagement sequence through PiP. Once the shot has broken and you have runners, go to low mag/WFOV and use the aiming point there for movers.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              Just watching the video, going back and forth between PiP and wide FOV, you can see that you need to train with it and have a plan for how to index on targets, track, and follow-up.

To me, it makes sense to target detect with the wide FOV low mag, then TGT ID with PiP, and begin the TGT engagement sequence through PiP. Once the shot has broken and you have runners, go to low mag/WFOV and use the aiming point there for movers.
              Exactly what I'm thinking. I'm starting to think harder and harder about a thermal. It's been on the list for a while, but as prices drop and resolution climbs, it's getting harder not to jump in.

I reallly like this PiP feature. I'd rather the device was a bit shorter, but the rest of it is pretty darn appealing at that price point....

Once I finish my 12.5" build I think I'll put thermal next on the plate of things to accomplish.
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
              X