• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Heppner
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2015

Just getting started from NY

Been lurking for a while enjoying the many points of view. Momma always said you learn more by listening/reading than you do by flappin' your jaw aimlessly. Lots of shooting and reloading experience on my end. I started shooting when I was about 5 with my Father and started reloading (a 16 ga with a Lee hand loader) when I was 14. I'm almost 64 now. I fish quite a bit, mostly smallmouth, walleyes, and BIG bluegills.
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard Paul. Do you have your 6.5 Grendel yet, reload for it? Are you in Region 9 or near Finger Lakes? That's beautiful country out there-was there last in 1999 for a road trip.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome aboard!
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• PredatorDown
        Warrior
        • Jun 2014

Welcome to the Horde! I spent a couple of years in upstate/northern New York, it's a beautiful state. Spent most of my time up on the Canadian border. It's always funny that when most people think of New York, they think it's all city. Plenty of rural places to get out and shoot up there

Comment

• Paul Heppner
          Unwashed
          • Mar 2015

LRR, just outside Rochester, two miles from the lake. Yup, I have an Alexander Arms upper. Just got all my stuff together and starting to research some loads. I have several appropriate powders, some virgin brass, and bullets. One of the powders that seems to stand out is AA2520. I just managed to find an 8 pound jug for, I'm embarrassed to say, $20. Blind squirrel scenario, I'm sorry. A lot has changed since '99, too much political BS.

Comment

• Paul Heppner
            Unwashed
            • Mar 2015

Predator, the city thing has always been a sore spot with us "upstate farm boys". I wish the City would just slide off into the drink.

Comment

• rabiddawg
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2013

I cant think of anything good that ever came from a city.

Welcome aboard!
              Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• 65Whelen
                Warrior
                • Sep 2014

Welcome

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Paul Heppner View Post
                  Predator, the city thing has always been a sore spot with us "upstate farm boys". I wish the City would just slide off into the drink.
                  You find the same sentiment here in the Land of Lincoln, most would like to see Chicago/Cook county slide off into Lake Michigan and become the 51st state or better yet another country. Welcome aboard.

Comment

Working...
                  X