• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wraith1516
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

developed a feeding problem

Haven't shot it since deer season took it out today and was having feeding problems seems like it is short stroking it haven't changed any thing expect the safety to a novesky ambi short throw magazine might be suspect as it was also not getting the shell in to the chamber jamming it or riding over it and pushing it at an angle up against the the chamber
    Upper is a mega mkm15 barrel is a bhw 20" no break rifle length gas block is a Wilson combat adjustable bolt is a tac ammo I believe (bhw recommended) ammo is reloads lapua bullet 108 gr scenar lapua case 28 gr benchmark and cci 41 was a load work up
    my regular load is Barnes 100gr ttsx lapua cases 8208xbr 30gr cci #41 primers sorry if im rambling on but more info better diagnosis
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Sounds like the same issue i am having with my 16" AA. Here is a link to my thread with pics of what mine is doing. Check it out. http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...ion.-With-Pics

I am taking mine to a shop this week to see what they can find. I am going to have them go ahead and replace the extractor and ejector with some precision firearms replacements. However, i think its gonna be a gas issue because i get smutty brass when this happens.
    Last edited by rabiddawg; 04-06-2015, 02:30 AM.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• wraith1516
      Warrior
      • Dec 2014

Thanks ill give that a look could the buffer spring be fatigued from setting all winter (was told never leave a firing pin spring cocked ) does the same principle apply to a buffer spring

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Need more details about the type of malfunction you are having.

What setting is the gas block on?

Does it lock back the bolt on one round fired from the mag?
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• wraith1516
          Warrior
          • Dec 2014

gas block is fully open and yes it does lock back sometimes three point jam its doing it with my 556 upper also (same lower for both uppers) but here is the kicker it ran mostly fine with my 556 varget loads and same with my 6.5 grendel 8208xbr Barnes ttsx load. Benchmark has more umph than varget 556/223 grendel load workup was with benchmark also starting charge was 27.5 grains didn't lock back bolt moved up still had problems

Comment

• wraith1516
            Warrior
            • Dec 2014

ripping apart tonight giving a really good cleaning

Comment

• wraith1516
              Warrior
              • Dec 2014

Ripped apart cleaned will shoot tomorrow to see if it is still doing it

Comment

• wraith1516
                Warrior
                • Dec 2014

Rained all day maybe Friday

Comment

• wraith1516
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2014

Found part of the problem the blue follower in the craptastic c-products mag is to long rubbing the bolt catch and upon disassembly it will not pull out as one of the tabs doesn't line up with the slot to pull it out have a pic but cant figure out how to post it (not computer savvy) bottom front tab broke off trying to get follower out
                  Last edited by wraith1516; 04-11-2015, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

You have to finesse the follower out.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• wraith1516
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2014

The tab was bent in such a way that it wouldn't come out (bend over but slightly facing forward)like I said not computer savvy or I would have posted the pictureI tried to finesse it but the cat broke anyway magazine was still usable thoughlike MacGyver I love my duct tap just kidding it didn't need duct taping

Comment

• wraith1516
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2014

another part of the problem was shooting it suppressed it got super dirty I use Wilson Combat lube the red stuff it looks like ATF fluidand is kind of thick

Comment

• wraith1516
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2014

Just wanted to say how good mega arms customer support is, I boogered up a couple of the handguard screws so I called them to buy replacements , when I asked how much for them and shipping they said no charge and are sending all 12 .they might only be screws but alot of places would have charged for them then tacked on s&h too

Comment

Working...
                          X