• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kikn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

13 yo girl shooting at 100-400 yards

I went out today to shoot with my friend. He brought one of his daughters with him. I had her making first round hits at 300 and 400 yards on a 12" steel target with the 6.5 grendel.

I later cut her lose on my other upper and some steel case wolf. She was using the red dot to plink to her hearts content. Or at least as much as her dad would let her shoot. About 100 rounds suppressed and unsuppressed

We also shot some pistols all in all a we had a pretty good time.
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Hey - and isn't that what it is all about? Growing the next generation of the sport? I love it when my friends bring their kids along. It's always a rush to watch the looks on their faces when they get their first hits past 100 yards. So far, I'm directly or indirectly responsible for at least 3 rifles for some of my friends kids.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• jawbone
      Warrior
      • Jan 2012

unforgettable for her, I'm sure, and she'll probably be back again because her boyfriends aren't going to believe her. gj, Kikn.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

The 6.5 Grendel is an excellent cartridge to start youth out on, since the recoil is negligible, but on-target effects are substantial.

Same reason why I like to shoot it.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• ricsmall
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Great to get kids involved in shooting more so now than in years past. When I was growing up it was commonplace to walk around all day with an old 22 and sleeve of ammo popping vermin, and whatever else u saw. Electronics have replaced those old pump 22's and society shows it. Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish....

Richard
          Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Kikn
            Warrior
            • Nov 2011

She did really well. Didn't stop talking about it all weekend long. Letting her other sister and brother know how much fun she had since they couldn't come along this time...

Comment

Working...
            X