• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coast
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2014

Sooo.... Cali's new laws

So if California's new laws make it illegal for state and local LEO to assist ICE with illegal aliens, the legalization of pot etc. What would keep Conservative states from legalizing/ reversing any anti gun laws that the federal govt might pass in the future?
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Right. They are opening the door for chaos. I disagree with many “gun laws”, but follow them because it’s rule. Without cooperation from states on major issues such as immigration/pot smoking, chaos will ensue.

Richard
    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• bj139
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2017

If the state says you can sell a firearm from state resident to state resident the Federal government has no say in the matter.
      They can regulate interstate commerce but not intrastate. The US Constitution says so.

Comment

• coast
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2014

So let me use this example. What if a state passed the "hearing protection act". The MFG, and buyer reside in that same state.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Many States have passed the Firearms Freedom Act, but the Federal Government claims supremacy, so those laws aren't legal according to the Feds.

It all makes sense if you just don't think about it.

Pass your own controlled substance and immigration laws in the State? That's ok.

Pass your own firearms laws? Not ok.

See how that logic works out perfectly?

Now get back to work and stop reading about dissenting views online. CA needs most of your paycheck before you see it.
          Last edited by LRRPF52; 01-29-2018, 10:29 PM.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• mdram
            Warrior
            • Sep 2016

actually the pot laws are being used to deny firearm sales.
            its illegal under federal law, and a dis qualifier now

i think the cali ammo via mail can be fought in court, that is interstate commerce, and under the federal gov jurisdiction
            just some targets for printing
            https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• sschefer
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by mdram View Post
              actually the pot laws are being used to deny firearm sales.
              its illegal under federal law, and a dis qualifier now

i think the cali ammo via mail can be fought in court, that is interstate commerce, and under the federal gov jurisdiction
              If you live in California then here is your solution.

(a) Commencing January 1, 2018, a resident of this state shall not bring or transport into this state any ammunition that he or she purchased or otherwise obtained from outside of this state unless he or she first has that ammunition delivered to a licensed ammunition vendor for delivery to that resident pursuant to the procedures set forth in Section 30312.Unless you have a 03FFL and CA CoE.(b) Subdivision (a) does not apply to any of the following5) A person who is licensed as a collector of firearms pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto, whose licensed premises are within this state, and who has a current certificate of eligibility issued by the Department of Justice pursuant to Section 26710

What is bad is that if I want to do an early morning hunt in California (I'm in Nevada) I have to wait for a sporting goods store to open up so I can buy ammo because I can't bring ammo into the state. I'm still not clear on whether I can buy ammo in California and then take it back to Nevada and later return with it.

Comment

• bj139
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2017

I don't believe there is any amendment allowing the Federal government to claim supremacy over firearms issues.

The fact that they have done so is related to interstate commerce.

That is why I can buy and sell firearms to other citizens in my state with only a sales receipt.
                The sales receipt is not strictly necessary but provides proof a legal sales transaction was made.

California has no state right to keep and bear arms. How convenient!
                Last edited by bj139; 01-09-2018, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2016

Originally posted by sschefer View Post
                  If you live in California then here is your solution.

(a) Commencing January 1, 2018, a resident of this state shall not bring or transport into this state any ammunition that he or she purchased or otherwise obtained from outside of this state unless he or she first has that ammunition delivered to a licensed ammunition vendor for delivery to that resident pursuant to the procedures set forth in Section 30312.Unless you have a 03FFL and CA CoE.(b) Subdivision (a) does not apply to any of the following5) A person who is licensed as a collector of firearms pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto, whose licensed premises are within this state, and who has a current certificate of eligibility issued by the Department of Justice pursuant to Section 26710

What is bad is that if I want to do an early morning hunt in California (I'm in Nevada) I have to wait for a sporting goods store to open up so I can buy ammo because I can't bring ammo into the state. I'm still not clear on whether I can buy ammo in California and then take it back to Nevada and later return with it.
                  If you live in California, then here is your solution:

Move.
                  Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• ricsmall
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2014

^^like button pushed^^ lol
                    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• biodsl
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by sschefer View Post
                      I read that as applying to residents. So non-resident hunters must purchase their ammo in-state?

My deepest condolences to California. At one time it really was a great place to be. No more. Such potential and wealth wasted. Watching it's continued decline over the next decade or two will be painful.
                      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• stanc
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
                        Right. They are opening the door for chaos. I disagree with many “gun laws”, but follow them because it’s rule.
                        I follow Heinlein's philosophy regarding rules: "If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them."

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
                        Without cooperation from states on major issues such as immigration/pot smoking, chaos will ensue.
                        The problem is, immigration is a valid function of the federal government, but marijuana smoking properly is a states' rights issue.
                        Last edited by stanc; 01-10-2018, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• stanc
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                          If you live in California, then here is your solution:

Move.
                          For some of us, that's much easier said than done.

Comment

• Sticks
                            Chieftain
                            • Dec 2016

Problem is that what happens in Cali, eventually happens to the other 49 states. It's like a terminal cancer.
                            Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• HowaGrendel
                              Bloodstained
                              • Sep 2017

IMO California is a lost cause, Trillion or more in debt and no end in sight, one big quake and it will fold in many ways and gun/ammo law's will be least of anyone's concerns....at the point the Makers get outnumbered by the Takers there will be issues....In my State 52% of population pays Taxes, 48% does not and the politicians wonder why they have so many budget issues ? go figure....only ONE City in my State has not LOST population in last 5 years and when the tax base keeps shrinking ? then what ? People should be leaving California.....for many reasons....my rant....

Comment

Working...
                              X