• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RAM2940
    Bloodstained
    • May 2013

Mega side charge upper

Could you tell me about the side charger and if you are using one, what do you think and how about a picture. Thinking about going with one my lilja build.

I just got a side charge receiver in last week, but I have not shot it. I am using the ASA upper, not MEGA. What I can tell you about the ASA so far is that it is very beefy and smooth as silk. I wasn't considering a silent capture spring until I cycled the bolt, noticed how smooth it is, and wondered if it would feel even better with the JP.

Comment

• Tedward
      Banned
      • Feb 2013

JP S.C. is the ticket, I use them in my ACE Stocks. Haaa, the ASA is a left handed charger too, thought about it but with the carrier its around $500 so its a little up there and I would want a few..this sucks..? Any pictures???

My thinker is ticking now....dam, you put the link too... and when you pull it back is there no slop in the handle when the bolt is in the rear position??

Comment

Without a doubt, the coolest thing so far about this upper is the bolt catch. When you slap a new mag in, just tap the charger and she goes into battery. Friggin' slick. Like a FAL.

Last edited by Guest; 11-18-2013, 10:39 PM. Reason: Added pictures.

Comment

• Ridgerider

Check out Qualityarms.net they have right eject. left eject and ambidextrous eject in the 6.5 Grendel. Made out of 7075 billet aluminum. The only company making Ambidextrous ar15's not just controls.

Comment

• denimdeerslayer
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2013

Dang that is nice

Comment

• Lead Chucker

I got to say that is sweet looking! I have not delt with the Mega side charger but I am using a Grizzly OP4 billet side charger on my grendel. I love the side chargers but if i had to do over I would have gotten the left side handle, mine is the right side charge and eject.

Comment

Originally posted by Lead Chucker View Post
                I got to say that is sweet looking! I have not delt with the Mega side charger but I am using a Grizzly OP4 billet side charger on my grendel. I love the side chargers but if i had to do over I would have gotten the left side handle, mine is the right side charge and eject.
                I wanted the OP4 left charge right eject. Had my heart set on it after shooting one. Enter Freedom Group, and supply goes *poof*. I asked a couple of folks about side-charging, and ASA kept coming up. This upper feels more solid than any than I've felt before and hopefully she's a shooter. If not, maybe you can have an ASA of your own, deeply discounted.

Comment

• Ridgerider

Get a Quality Arms upper like the ops 4 but better and thats from the designer of the ops 4 not me.

Comment

• Lead Chucker

Im sure you will like it Mrfrankz!!

Comment

• Tedward
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2013

MrFrankZ, did you paint it or is that an upper and lower set from ASA in Bronze? It matches your counter great!!!

Comment

That upper is flat black, just not as black as the counter. I would like to go burnt bronze on a gun, I hear there is a guy here that does a hell of job at it..

Comment

• SG4247
                          Warrior
                          • Aug 2013

NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• Ridgerider

side charger.jpgside charger 3.jpg
                            Originally posted by Ridgerider View Post
                            Check out Qualityarms.net they have right eject. left eject and ambidextrous eject in the 6.5 Grendel. Made out of 7075 billet aluminum. The only company making Ambidextrous ar15's not just controls.

Comment

• SG4247
                              Warrior
                              • Aug 2013

Thanks Ridgerider, I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they will sell a stripped side charge upper!
                              NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

Working...
                              X