Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting in Texas with a suppressor

robert.macdonald@tpwd.state.tx.us

Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the "lobbying" arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-30-2012, 03:10 AM.
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Sent a comment last week. Looking good to get passed. Hopefully it does.
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

In years past a European guest indicated that in his home circle it would be considered impolite to hunt without a suppressor.

Comment

• txgunner00
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by ibgp3 View Post
        In years past a European guest indicated that in his home circle it would be considered impolite to hunt without a suppressor.
        I completely agree. We are required by law to put mufflers on any other loud piece of equipment. Just imagine how affordable suppressors would become we didn't have to go through the ATF bs.

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
          I completely agree. We are required by law to put mufflers on any other loud piece of equipment. Just imagine how affordable suppressors would become we didn't have to go through the ATF bs.
          Amen! I wish you guys luck getting them approved. It's perfectly valid logic, so that's the one thing against you with anything involving government.LOL Texas might be more logical than most though. Actually I'm surprised that they weren't legal to hunt with from the start down there.

They're legal for hunting in WV, but I'm guessing thats mostly because nobody ever thought to ban them. Our only NFA restriction is no hunting with full auto. Other than that WV only says you have to obey federal NFA laws.
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• txgunner00
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
            Amen! I wish you guys luck getting them approved. It's perfectly valid logic, so that's the one thing against you with anything involving government.LOL Texas might be more logical than most though. Actually I'm surprised that they weren't legal to hunt with from the start down there.

They're legal for hunting in WV, but I'm guessing thats mostly because nobody ever thought to ban them. Our only NFA restriction is no hunting with full auto. Other than that WV only says you have to obey federal NFA laws.
            Unfortunately we have more nanny state laws than you might think. This one looks like it's going the right direction but anything can happen. It only takes one a-hole with enough money. It appears that most TPWD officials support it so we are hopeful.

Comment

• LightningII

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
              your comment leads me to believe that you see a link between common sense and the drafting of laws.
              you really should know better.

Comment

• txgunner00
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

I can't help but hope sometimes. Reality always takes over though.

Comment

Channel 11 news just did a piece on Suppressors and the fact that it is taking six months to get to use something that you paid for up front. Thought it was really good that the news castor also made the statement the Suppressors ARE legal to own in Texas.

Looks like there are enough people starting to raise enough of a stink that other people are actually starting to listen. Might not changes things right now but they might be moving in the right direction to speed up the approval process.

Comment

• txgunner00
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

They might make it worse with broadcasting it on the main stream news like that. Now everyone will want one.

Comment

Yea, that is a thought but with increased production, prices might come down a bit. Wishful thinking..... I know.

Comment

• txgunner00
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

I was reading an article last night that said in countries where suppressors are less or completely unregulated they can be bought for as little as $40.

Comment

Just announced on the news....... Suppressors approved for hunting in Texas. should take effect this year.

Comment

• Variable
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

Great news! Congrats Texans!!!
                            Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                            We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Kikn
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2011

Sweet! I should have my NFA cleared in a couple more months. I'll be ready this fall :-) in the mean time pigs beware

Comment

Working...
                              X