Hi from Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Florida

Just wanted to drop in and say HI. I'm here because, after months of research and flip flopping like a politician, I've decided that 6.5 will be the ultimate caliber for the AR of my dreams. Soooooo, why not go where the rest of the gang hangs out?

I currently live in South Florida (born a Floridian and I HATE it here ) and can't wait to get out....tried several times but always ended up back here for various reasons.

Anyway, looking forward to learning a lot here.

Thanks for having me.

NoSweat88
    Last edited by Guest; 03-23-2012, 11:35 PM.
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

With a title of "No Sweat", I could possibly see why you wouldn't like Florida humidity?LOL

Welcome aboard!
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Welcome. Florida is one of the three States I have not been to, along with Nebraska & North Dakota.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Hey, NS88, great to have ya! You wanna come and try Minnesota winters? Actually, this year's winter was so mild Al Gore would be smilinig all the way to the bank.

John
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome, from a fellow Floridian. Where in South Florida? I have a couple do friends in Pembroke Springs. I live in the Tampa Bay area. But shoot a lot of matches at Port Malabar.
            Bob

Comment

Welcome to the addiction!

JG

Comment

• txgunner00
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Howdy!
                NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• leopard6.5

NoSweat88: Yea, you have to love the six month sauna we get each year and while we're in the sauna we have a target painted on our backs so the hurricanes will know where to hit.

Oh well, there are a lot worse places to be in the world.

Welcome to the Horde and enjoy the forum.

Lee

Comment

welcome aboard from iowa

Comment

• vanguard138

Spent a little over 20 years in the Palm Beach County area and then some time in North Florida around Lake City. Worked for the VA. There is about 3-4 months that are awesome though Retired back home in Northern Michigan although I still have some land in North Florida near Keaton Beach (for sale). I took a position in North Florida with the VA after being in that State to the south of me for several years with the VA and we had three hurricanes in a row in a row. Someone was trying to tell me something.

Welcome!!

Comment

Palm Beach county. The USAs Fantasy Island!

Comment

• rickOshay
                          Warrior
                          • Apr 2012

Hey No Sweat - I did time in FL too, about 20 yrs. Am so happy to be in So Cal now - except for the gun laws. My daughter is still in FL and it burns me that she can get a CCW and I can't.

I do get to FL for business, and had a chance to hunt hogs near Talli a few weeks ago. Building a Grendel to take back there in May.

Comment

Welcome to the 6.5!

Comment

• txgunner00
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by rickOshay View Post
                              Hey No Sweat - I did time in FL too, about 20 yrs. Am so happy to be in So Cal now - except for the gun laws. My daughter is still in FL and it burns me that she can get a CCW and I can't.

I do get to FL for business, and had a chance to hunt hogs near Talli a few weeks ago. Building a Grendel to take back there in May.
                              There is a way you can fix that... move to a free state!
                              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
                              X