• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Apparition
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Burt Macklin View Post
    Since Mark has hinted that he will allow ultimate upper purchasers the opportunity to buy a LaRue lower, I'm going with a less expensive billet lower $120.00 from Runner Runner Guns. I'll shoot with it until LaRue makes the lowers offering.
    I normally buy the MEGA matched set. It all gets built into something someday, might as well have a nice matching set.

Comment

• Crews
      Bloodstained
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Burt Macklin View Post
      Since Mark has hinted that he will allow ultimate upper purchasers the opportunity to buy a LaRue lower, I'm going with a less expensive billet lower $120.00 from Runner Runner Guns. I'll shoot with it until LaRue makes the lowers offering.
      I talked to someone at Larue customer service last Friday, he said there wasn't any possibility to add a Larue lower to the deal if I purchased the upper kit.

Also, there is no set timeline for this deal to be over just yet. No guarantees that it will last indefinitely. Also, no definitive answers on what the lead time is for orders placed at this time.

Comment

• shooter545
        Warrior
        • Aug 2012

Ordered one in black yesterday. I already have a Larue lower so it is going to match nicely. I really didn't NEED another 6.5 G upper but this was just too good of a deal to pass up. I'll post up some range results when it comes and I get it all put together.

Comment

• shooter545
          Warrior
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          Sun Devil has been around for a long time. They make a great adjustable gas key as well.

Noveske makes an awesome Gen 3 billet lower with a generous funnel mag well.

Hmmmm........ now you have me thinking because I have a black Noveske Gen III lower as well

Comment

• jdelong
            Warrior
            • Feb 2017

I bought one. I did not need one. But I bought one.

Comment

• Burt Macklin
              Unwashed
              • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Crews View Post
              I talked to someone at Larue customer service last Friday, he said there wasn't any possibility to add a Larue lower to the deal if I purchased the upper kit.

Also, there is no set timeline for this deal to be over just yet. No guarantees that it will last indefinitely. Also, no definitive answers on what the lead time is for orders placed at this time.

My understanding is they did something similar a while back with people who had purchased their uppers. They were given the opportunity to purchase a LaRue lower with MBT. When asked on another forum, Mark replied that "they are keeping track of who is purchasing" and implied that could happen again.

I'll be patient for a while, but if Mark doesn't come through I'm going to post pics of a Larue upper mated to a purple polymer lower.

Comment

• jhoyda
                Bloodstained
                • Aug 2017

Not only does the FDE Cerakote match, but the color match of the LaRue furniture is one of the best I've ever seen. I took the magazine from the build above and put it in the LaRue. Perfect color match.
                Is it the plain FDE (H-265) or the Magpul FDE or Glock FDE? I requested swatches of each to match the LaRue but they only had FDE in stock. I'm going to coat a plain forged lower and hope I get the chance at a LaRue lower.

Comment

• Joseph5
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2012

I built my Grendel on a billet receiver set from Sun Devil mfg and I am very happy with it. It is very tight fitting together.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by jhoyda View Post
                    Is it the plain FDE (H-265) or the Magpul FDE or Glock FDE? I requested swatches of each to match the LaRue but they only had FDE in stock. I'm going to coat a plain forged lower and hope I get the chance at a LaRue lower.
                    Regular FDE.

The Tranquillo brake also is specific to 6.5mm, with a final bore ID of .298", so diametrically, you have .017" of clearance on each side of the projectile shooting 6.5mm. It's a very effective brake for how small diameter the OD of the brake is. Sounds like a Robo Cop gun with a high-pitched bark.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• jdelong
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2017

For anyone that received theirs, did they send any keymod rail sections with it?

Thanks

Comment

• jhoyda
                        Bloodstained
                        • Aug 2017

Regular FDE.

The Tranquillo brake also is specific to 6.5mm, with a final bore ID of .298", so diametrically, you have .017" of clearance on each side of the projectile shooting 6.5mm. It's a very effective brake for how small diameter the OD of the brake is. Sounds like a Robo Cop gun with a high-pitched bark.
                        Thank you.

I'm interested in seeing the brake. I'm going to try making an adapter so I can use a Form 1 can. I've never attempted internal threading before, should be interesting.

Comment

• RNRoad
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jun 2017

Just received mine yesterday, nine days from order for a standard black finish model. No keymod sections in my box.
                          Last edited by RNRoad; 08-08-2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• 1911man
                            Warrior
                            • May 2015

Originally posted by RNRoad View Post
                            Just received mine yesterday, nine days from order for a standard black finish model. No keymod sections in my box.
                            What are you doing wasting your time typing here for? Go shoot it and feed our need to see it in action, LOL

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                              Chieftain
                              • Oct 2016

I haven't opened my box. Black on black Grendel. I'm thinking about my options, but giving it to my dad for Xmas along with his customary CaseXXX seems appropriate. Maybe even with my Cross lower in another box.., Man, I'd pay to see Dad that happy. Anyone else gonna sit on theirs?
                              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• 1911man
                                Warrior
                                • May 2015

Well mine came in yesterday and I assembled it this morning. The fit and finish of these parts is excellent and I am loving the look of this upper. One bummer is the FDE is nowhere near a match to my cerkoted Aero lower or my Duracoated Palmetto lower seen in these pictures so I hope that LaRue offers a lower down the line that matches. It wont keep me from shooting it though. I decided not to assemble any of the lower parts since I dont have a matching lower. The lower I have it on has a Geisselle SSA-E trigger so that is the one I want to shoot it on. I will have it out for testing next week. LaRue.jpgLaRue2.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X