Wolf Steel Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to ask!

Just wanted to add a quick note. I know this thread started in October 2011, milliseconds ago in Shooting Sports time. Plus SAAMI just accepted the round and Wolf said they are working on it. But isn't it time to start asking the Ammo sellers to get it in?
    Check out my thread Wolf Poly line for my reasoning. Perception of a big demand can really quicken the pace of a product introduction.
    Thanks for putting up with my ramblings.

Comment

• burnsome
      Warrior
      • Jun 2011

tag for updates.....if any.....

Comment

• Start asking your local stores to stock it. They'll order it if they think someone wants to buy it. Until then, why should they order it?

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Schwag173 View Post
          Start asking your local stores to stock it. They'll order it if they think someone wants to buy it. Until then, why should they order it?
          An FFL can't order something that isn't for sale yet. Unless perhaps someone is taking preorders, which to the best of my knowledge no one is. I asked AA quite recently while placing an FFL order, and they aren't.... Is anyone aware of an actual supplier/wholesaler that will accept an order???
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Variable View Post
            An FFL can't order something that isn't for sale yet. Unless perhaps someone is taking preorders, which to the best of my knowledge no one is. I asked AA quite recently while placing an FFL order, and they aren't.... Is anyone aware of an actual supplier/wholesaler that will accept an order???
            OK then, educate me, where/how are the mail-order outfits getting the Grendel ammo they sell?

Comment

• hellcat370

I think what Variable is saying is that the steel case is not availible for sale yet, because they haven't started full production. I called AA recently about it, and they had no timeline as to when Wolf would have it out. If anyone would know when its gunna be out, it's AA since their working with Wolf on this.

Comment

• Dogue
                Warrior
                • Mar 2011

Not tagging this or anything....
                Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• Bill Alexander

I know it looks painfully slow but the project is actually moving along quickly (a relative term in respect to the usual timeline for a military style complex to respond). We have a formal order for a slew of test rifles and the pressure test equipment has already been produced and is at the factory in Russia. The initial report and test work we performed validated the cartridge design for their engineering division and actually laid to rest some nervousness about the configuration. Remember there were rumors that the Russians had already tried this route. They actually did and met with some problems because of the way they designed the cases. Next week we are due to meet with them again and discuss the progress. We will probably cover the propellent types as well as the performance specifications. Primer sensitivity will need the specification to be confirmed and accuracy requirements will be a big topic.

I doubt that any of the distributors will even acknowledge the ammunition much yet take pre-orders until Wolf takes possession of the first shipments

Comment

• montana
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2011

Thanks for the information Bill. Better to take more time and get it right than have a timely problem.

Comment

• txgunner00
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

good news
                      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• wheelguner
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2011

Good Fortune

I suppose this could be considered HiJacking this thread but this occurred to me as I caught up on this topic.

I think it is great, not to mention amazing that a group of fans/users of any product have access to an online community that the designer of said product is a frequent contributor. I am personally not aware of this happening with any other product.

I have emailed AA with questions and spoken with their staff via phone on issues regarding their shipping policies and always been treated with courtesy, a sense of humor and professionalism. To have Bill Alexander extend this same attitude on this forum is the icing on the cake.

Regardless of how you feel about Bill and AA we should be thankful for his participation.

Mr. Alexander, thanks for all you have done and continue to do to support the "Horde".

Comment

• txgunner00
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by wheelguner View Post
                          I suppose this could be considered HiJacking this thread but this occurred to me as I caught up on this topic.

I think it is great, not to mention amazing that a group of fans/users of any product have access to an online community that the designer of said product is a frequent contributor. I am personally not aware of this happening with any other product.

I have emailed AA with questions and spoken with their staff via phone on issues regarding their shipping policies and always been treated with courtesy, a sense of humor and professionalism. To have Bill Alexander extend this same attitude on this forum is the icing on the cake.

Regardless of how you feel about Bill and AA we should be thankful for his participation.

Mr. Alexander, thanks for all you have done and continue to do to support the "Horde".
                          +1

I called AA a year or two ago with a load question was surprised to be transferred to Mr. Alexander himself. Our conversation lasted 45 minutes to a hour and we talked about a number of subjects including this one. It's great to see it so close to reality.

Keep up the good work, Bill!
                          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• mtn_shooter

Excellent news. Accuracy standards for Wolf steel cased... 3 MOA and I'm happy

Anything else is gravy.

Comment

• wheelguner
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2011

I occasionally Google 6.5 Grendel just to see if anything new pops up (that is how I found this forum) and found a link to Wolf:

A bit of a tease to see the Grendel listed in their Polyformance listings. Hopefully the wait will be short.

Comment

• stanc
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2011

I hate to tell you this, but that listing ain't nuthin' new.

It's been there for the last four years...

Comment

Working...
                                X