X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rasp65
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

I don't know if it is true but I heard that the IMI brass was made by Lapua.

Comment

• txgunner00
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

That would be interesting if it were true. I always thought IMI/TZZ brass was made in Israel.
      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

I'm betting LRRPF52 knows or can find out. BUT....I thought IMI was made in Israel.

Comment

Lapua has recently been targeted by leftists in Finland for supporting the US with "hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammunition." They follow this with references to US killing civilians, etc.

One of the chief executives at Lapua responded thusly:

"I'm offended by the gross errors and tone of this clear lack of journalistic integrity. To suggest that we have supplied the US military with hundreds of thousands of rounds of quality Finnish ammunition is absolutely preposterous.......

We have sold them MILLIONS!"
          True story. I'll have to find out if they're involved in IMI 7.62x39 brass. Lapua has a lot of pans in the fire, and they know how to be discreet about their business with customers who require it.
          Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2012, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            Lapua has recently been targeted by leftists in Finland for supporting the US with "hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammunition." They follow this with references to US killing civilians, etc.

One of the chief executives at Lapua responded thusly:

True story. I'll have to find out if they're involved in IMI 7.62x39 brass. Lapua has a lot of pans in the fire, and they know how to be discreet about their business with customers who require it.
            Heck yes! And we appreciate it too!!

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Hee Hee, I love it! Go Lapua!!!!

When I get a chance I'll have to dig out my new brass and check them side by side. I have new lapua and new IMI from a pretty close time period back then. Even though the bodies will be different, if they were both made by Lapua then I bet they'd look very similar close up (rim thickness, bevels, font of headstamps, etc....). I do remember the IMI looking really nice for "AK" fodder. Interesting.
              Last edited by Variable; 04-13-2012, 01:46 AM.
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Lapua also makes amazing 7.62x39 brass with berdan primers for the Finnish military, with Sako headstamps, as well as boxer-primer cases for the civilian market. Their Rk62's and Rk95 assault rifles are usually MOA-capable with that ammo.

Comment

• txgunner00
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by lrrpf52 View Post
                  lapua has recently been targeted by leftists in finland for supporting the us with "hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammunition." they follow this with references to us killing civilians, etc.

One of the chief executives at lapua responded thusly:

True story. I'll have to find out if they're involved in imi 7.62x39 brass. Lapua has a lot of pans in the fire, and they know how to be discreet about their business with customers who require it.
                  lol!
                  NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
                  X