• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phishfood
    Warrior
    • Jul 2017

Backordered Alexander Arms magazines

Since AA's website does not show the availability of an item before, or even during, the time when you place the order, I thought this might be of help to somebody.

Currently they do not have any 4 round or 25 round magazines in stock. When I talked to them on the phone today, they said that they expect to have more early next year. 17 round magazines are currently in stock, though I don't know how many they have.

Not complaining, just a PSA.
  • grening
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2017

thank you for the PSA

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

E-Lander 6.5 Grendel mags are now being sold by other vendors. JP sell the 24 round and Larue Tactical is selling E-Landrrs as well as Aim Surplus. More vendors are selling C Products Defense 6.5 Grendel mags like JSE Surplus and Brownell’s. You have to get on online email as once items are in stock they sell fast.

Comment

• warp9764
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2017

Are these ASC mags being sold by Precision Firearms any good? I'm thinking of getting 2 of the 5 round mags for hunting purposes. My 10 round mags from AA are on backorder, but I want to shoot my new build over Christmas!

Comment

• AZHTfreak
          Warrior
          • Jan 2017

25rd e-landers are backordered as of 11/6 at LaRue. 17rd e-landers were just delivered after being backordered... I've run both the ASC 15rd and 25rd mags with 0 issues.
          DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by warp9764 View Post
            Are these ASC mags being sold by Precision Firearms any good? I'm thinking of getting 2 of the 5 round mags for hunting purposes. My 10 round mags from AA are on backorder, but I want to shoot my new build over Christmas!

https://www.precisionfirearms.com/48...ndel-mags.html

I’ve got the early C Products 4 (4+1) round mag plus several CP and ASC 9 round mags (9+1) and they function. Normally the biggest issue with ASC mags are improper feed lips where the cartridge doesn’t raise enough to feed. Tweaking the feed lips usually fixes this problem. For the cheaper price the ASC mags are OK but a few lemons slip through. It’s kind of luck of the draw whether you get good mags. I’m not sure how quick PF ships but I have bought ASC mags from 44mag.com. I guess I got lucky on my ASC mags as they were fine once I cleaned the interior of the mag body and loaded them and let set loaded till I went to the range. I don’t know if PF inspect the ASC mags to ensure they are in spec before selling them.
            Last edited by VASCAR2; 11-07-2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• 1075 tech
              Warrior
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by warp9764 View Post

https://www.precisionfirearms.com/48...ndel-mags.html
              When I first got into Grendel about 3 years ago, My first mags were 5's and 10's from PF. Never had an issue with any of them in either of my rifles. I use the 5 for hunting and the 10 for the range.

Comment

• PVBoom
                Warrior
                • Oct 2017

Update.

I ordered 4 E-lander mags in 2 sizes from LaRue. They were back ordered. I called yesterday to check on my trigger order and the mags. They said the shipment arrived the 13th from Israel and was waiting to clear customs.

Comment

• phishfood
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2017

Originally posted by phishfood View Post
                  Since AA's website does not show the availability of an item before, or even during, the time when you place the order, I thought this might be of help to somebody.

Currently they do not have any 4 round or 25 round magazines in stock. When I talked to them on the phone today, they said that they expect to have more early next year. 17 round magazines are currently in stock, though I don't know how many they have.

Update:
                  I got an email from AA today, if I am reading it correctly, the 25 round mags and the 4 round mags are back in stock and are being shipped to me.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2017

I picked up two Anderson 6.5 Grendel mags yesterday. They are not a C-Products mag. In fact, I'm pretty sure that they are an E-Lander mag. My E-Landers have not come in yet, but judging by the pictures, they look identical.

EDIT: They are the 10 round mags btw.
                    Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• VASCAR2
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

I hadn’t been to Anderson’s web site in quite a while. They have really updated their web site and carrying a lot more products. Their 6.5 Grendel barrel is parkerized 4150 chrome moly and looks like it is now SAAMI and not Grendel 1 chamber. The mag pictured does look like an E-Lander 10 round mag with white follower.
                      Last edited by VASCAR2; 12-07-2017, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• jurassic
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2014

PM sent, I have some to sell.

Originally posted by phishfood View Post

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2017

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                          I hadn’t been to Anderson’s web site in quite a while. They have really updated their web site and carrying a lot more products. Their 6.5 Grendel barrel is parkerized 4150 chrome moly and looks like it is now SAAMI and not Grendel 1 chamber. The mag pictured does look like an E-Lander 10 round mag with white follower.
                          I'm almost positive that the Anderson Grendel barrel is from Bear Creek Arsenal. Most of Anderson's barrels come from BCA. That being said, there is a good chance that the bolts are coming from BCA as well. It's nice to see Anderson getting in on the Grendel. This is a good indication that it is gaining in popularity. It looks like Anderson is listening as well, since they are now SAAMI spec and are sourcing quality mags. To me Anderson has always been a good "rack grade" rifle. They average Joe could buy one and still have a good quality rifle without breaking the bank.
                          Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

Working...
                          X