X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

I just confirmed I sent my email and payment for the group bolt buy since I didn't receive mine yet either.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
      Warrior
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
      I just confirmed I sent my email and payment for the group bolt buy since I didn't receive mine yet either.
      I am in the second batch, I don't think anyone has gotten one of those yet.

Comment

• bj139
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2017

I am in the second batch also but thought I was at the end of the first. I didn't notice the group buy A and group buy B designation.
        Last edited by bj139; 04-20-2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• kevperro
          Bloodstained
          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post

Haven't decided what to do yet. These are almost a pound heavier than a AA 18" which is a big turnoff in itself. But Classic also has them in nitrided 4150 which I would prefer (longer lasting, harder/more durable and black) But .85lbs heavier than AA, brand unknown... back up three times and punt.
          The Classic Firearms site has the M4 barrel profile in 16" and list it as 1.85lbs. The BCA site says 3.0lbs so I'm betting the Classic one is right based upon the weight of other 16" M4 profile barrels.

All their other profiles are heavy. I don't plan on going full-auto and the weight was more important than fancy flutes.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
            Warrior
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by kevperro View Post
            All their other profiles are heavy. I don't plan on going full-auto and the weight was more important than fancy flutes.
            I don't plan on going full-auto or even really rapid fire. Only reason I am picking on fluted ones at Classic is they are somewhat lighter than the non-fluted ones. All AA sells is fluted. None of my other rifles are fluted, one has an A2 barrel and the other has what Faxon calls a SOCOM (I think basically a gvt profile without the ring for a grenade launcher) Something similar to either would be fine for me.

And I need a 18" midlength at this point too.

And then for a plot twist AA's CS doesn't sound all that awesome either in the short chamber thread in the AR subforum...
            Last edited by 85_Ranger4x4; 04-20-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• kevperro
              Bloodstained
              • Apr 2017

I don't plan on going full-auto or even really rapid fire. Only reason I am picking on fluted ones at Classic is they are somewhat lighter than the non-fluted ones. All AA sells is fluted. None of my other rifles are fluted, one has an A2 barrel and the other has what Faxon calls a SOCOM (I think basically a gvt profile without the ring for a grenade launcher) Something similar to either would be fine for me.

And I need a 18" midlength at this point too.

And then for a plot twist AA's CS doesn't sound all that awesome either in the short chamber thread in the AR subforum...

Yea.... anyone can have problems with a batch. It is how you respond to it that counts. Plus you never know the entire story in these Internet dramas.

I'd give AA the benefit of the doubt until they warrant a different response.

Comment

• bj139
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2017

I just received the BCA 16" barrel in stainless and the first thing I did was weigh it. It is 1lb -12.1oz.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2016

I just received the BCA 16" barrel in stainless and the first thing I did was weigh it. It is 1lb -12.1oz.
                  Cool, thanks!

Comment

• kevperro
                    Bloodstained
                    • Apr 2017

Nice.... that is the one I bought. You would think the least they could do is put it on a scale and get that information onto the web page accurately. It makes me wonder on some of these websites when they get something as simple as the weight wrong.

Just bought a 1000 rounds of Wolf 6.5G for $228 shipped to my door. This is as cheap as 5.56 and if it feeds and gives me 1.5 MOA I'll be happy with that.
                    Last edited by kevperro; 04-23-2017, 02:56 AM.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2016

I bet it is boring data entry at its finest.

For what I am wanting for my rifle they are just not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling though. I think the 18's are just too heavy.

Comment

• kevperro
                        Bloodstained
                        • Apr 2017

I bet it is boring data entry at its finest.

For what I am wanting for my rifle they are just not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling though. I think the 18's are just too heavy.

Whoop.... mine finally shipped. I hope to be throwing cheap Wolf ammo down range soon.

Comment

• bj139
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2017

I saw the side charging receiver I bought with the barrel is now $20 cheaper. I emailed Bear Creek Arsenal and their policy is to honor sales prices within 1 day of ordering. I received it on Friday and the sale started Monday so they would not refund me the difference. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                          X