New Announcements from the Big 3 meetings in Kansas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

New Announcements from the Big 3 meetings in Kansas!

David Fortier reports:

Well, today Alexander Arms announced a few things at the Big 3 writers event.

1. The Grendel has been accepted by SAAMI
    2. They have released their trademark on the Grendel
    3. They showed off steel cased Grendel produced by Wolf
    4. They hired a very well respected gentleman named Wayne Holt to handle PR.

So, now ANYONE can make a Grendel.
    The steel cased ammo is being produced by Barnaul for Wolf Performance ARMS and Ammunition.
    Note Wolf now has a firearms division and is working with Izhmash and Molot. They are looking into
    Vepr and Saiga rifles in Grendel. Currently testing is being done on the Wolf steel cases to verify
    they are good to go. Wolf is claiming production ammo for 1st quarter of this coming year. They said
    now that they switched this from Tula to Barnaul things are progressing nicely. I think its very positive
    as Barnaul's quality is well known for being a notch above Tulas. The steel cases look sexy....

Wayne Holt was the #2 man at Hornady for many years and was with Glock prior to this.
    This is big move on Alexander Arms part. Should be very interesting to see how things go.

Wolf was at the event and they are very firmly behind the Grendel, and have some very interesting
    things regarding AK rifles.

I'm tired, will try to get some pics up in a couple days. Day two of the event is tomorrow.......
    The Military Arms Channel folks are out here, great guys. Had a really good time speaking
    with them and seeing how they do stuff. Lot of interesting products and Hi-Lux showed a
    prototype of a new CMR type scope....many interesting things here.......even had one of the early
    developers of the 6.8 SPC!
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Very cool.

I hear a thunderous "Urraahhhh!!!" from the unwashed Grendel Horde and the loud, celebratory clanking of flagons!

John
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

The AK crowd will be stirred up pretty well with this too. Gonna see what I can do on my end over the pond.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Great!

Comment

Should shut up some of those folks complaining about the registered name....and it's a dying caliber, etc....but, probably not. Some people just gotta complain.
          Now, with the possibility of more rifle manufacturers, maybe we'll start to see some others coming out with more mag variety and dependability.
          Great news indeed!

Comment

I wonder if Satern Machine will start making Grendel barrels again?

Comment

• Drifter
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Sounds like positive steps. Unleash the Grendel.
              Drifter

Comment

OUTSTANDING! looks like i stumbled upon the grendel at a great time

Comment

Originally posted by smoke13 View Post
                  I wonder if Satern Machine will start making Grendel barrels again?
                  Satern now lists 264 LBC in their offerings.....

Comment

Suddenly diehard 6.8 guys are announcing they will be offering the 6.5 Grendel---

Comment

• CoolBarrelBill

Any body know when the 6.5 drawing will be available on SAAMI website?

Comment

• bwaites
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc
                        Who or what is the "Big 3"
                        Tactical Guns, Tactical Gear, Tactical Training. Its an industry conference started by the journalists, instead of the typical "dog and pony show" put on by the industry, as David Fortier puts it.

Held twice yearly, in the Spring in Florida and the fall in Kansas.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolBarrelBill View Post
                          Any body know when the 6.5 drawing will be available on SAAMI website?
                          Don't hold your breath on the SAAMI web site. My 450 Bushmaster has been out for like two ears and Hornady has been selling ammunition for almost as long with Remington recently shipping it also, but the SAAMI site said "Pending" the last time I was there. My question would be, how many years after a product goes public does SAAMI wait to consider it not "Pending"?

Hoot

Comment

• rasp65
                            Warrior
                            • Mar 2011

All in all this is great news for the future of the Grendel.

Comment

• Drifter
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                              David Fortier reports:

Well, today Alexander Arms announced a few things at the Big 3 writers event.

1. The Grendel has been accepted by SAAMI
                              2. They have released their trademark on the Grendel
                              3. They showed off steel cased Grendel produced by Wolf
                              4. They hired a very well respected gentleman named Wayne Holt to handle PR.

So, now ANYONE can make a Grendel.
                              Wonder if all this has anything to do with Remington potentially planning the release of a 6.5 RAR cartridge in the not-so-distant future?

Supposedly, the RAR case (as used in Remington's .30 RAR) has ~25% more capacity versus the Grendel, while still working in the AR-15 platform.

Instead of other smallish niche companies like CSS, LBC, etc, AA could suddenly be faced with competing against Big Green. Kinda changes the playing field (if it were to happen).

Just speculating out loud...
                              Drifter

Comment

Working...
                              X