Newbie Upper Assembly ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Upper Assembly ???

I'm starting my Grendel build. I have a RRA lower, a Satern barrel, and was considering one of the Alexander billet uppers with the side charging handle.

I haven't seen too many pictures of people using them and I was wondering if there is a particular reason. I'm thinking I'll use the Magpul PRS and thought the side charger would be beneficial.

Anyone have an opinion, pro or con and why?

TIA, Will

WillD I am assembling a 6.5 grendel at this time. I am building it with a Mega Machine billet upper with the side charge I am also using a Young chrome bolt carrier with the side charging handle. They are top quality pieces and the fit is excellent. The billet upper with side charging handle on AA's sight bears a very strong resemblence to Mega's . Ichose the side charge mainly for three reasons. 1. I plane on mounting a scope to this and a side charge would complament the arrangement. 2. I am a left handed shooter and when charging the gun my weak hand will be my right hand. It will be very easy to just bring my weak hand in off the fore arm to charge the gun. Actually with a ambi safety and a ambi mag release the ar is set up better to run left handed then a stock configured ar is for a right handed shooter. 3. If I only want to hand feed one round at a time into the gun the side charge really helps this also. My personel experiance actually using it is very limited as I am still building the gun and am currently waiting for a 18" Satern barrel. I have a 22 yr old son and he was not to hot about a side charge but as my build has been progressing he can see how well the gun will be set up to run left or right handed and the merits for it with a scope. just my 2 cents. roto-prop

Comment

Working...
    X