Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • click_bang

6.5 Pistol?

Sorry in advance if this is a dupe, but I was just curious if any one has one or seen one. I know the 6.5 is not designed for this but I was just curious.

Someone on this forum has a TC encore in 6.5 Grendel (IIRC). I would love to see a Striker in 6.5 Grendel!!

Comment

I've got a Contender in 6.5 Grendel. The Encore has a stronger barrel and isn't as borderline.

Comment

• VA Bigbore

I have a 6.5 Grendel Encore pistol. 10" Bull barrel. Very accurate, nice recoil, huge muzzle blast. All in all, a really neat package. I still need to do some penetration tests at 100 yds before I take it deer hunting, but its a real "hoot" with paper targets.

Comment

I think it would be cool to see a Grendel XP100. Seems like they're made for each other.

Comment

I have a Grendel T/C Encore pistol by MGM. It's the only hand rifle I have so I cant compare it. It kills pigs as far as I've shot it - 125 yard or so.

Comment

• jwilson1985

we've used 10" barrels in the pdw. it shoots well havent tested its max range but long range is not what its designed for

Comment

Mine is a 14 inch SSK, takes sheep at 220 plus yards with 100 gr TTSX one shot and they drop.

Comment

I have a 14 inch 6.5 Grendel SSK Contender, a friend of mine has a 6.5 TCU which is slightly slower than the Grendel and a 6.5 JDJ which is 100 - 200 fps faster than the Grendel but so far we haven't seen any practical difference in performance on game out to 150 yards with any of them. My fav is still the Grendel, readily available ammo, brass and with the loads AA offers, you need not be a handloader to get good hunting ammo (if you don't handload, stick with the 120 gr NBT for deer size game in a short barrel. The 129 gr Hornady, 120 gr Barnes and 130 gr Swift AA loads may be better for pigs up close).

Comment

I like the XP-100 idea. Does anyone know a way to get a bolt that would work?

Comment

• txgunner00
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

I would personally love to have a PDW in 6.5.

NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

I see today that someone has a 10" Encore barrel for sale on ENCORE CLASIFIED on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by ibgp3 View Post
                          I like the XP-100 idea. Does anyone know a way to get a bolt that would work?
                          PTG would be able to sell you a bolt with the correct boltface. Failing that alomst any competent gunsmith could open the boltface on a 223, or bush the face on a 308 based XP100.

Comment

It would be difficult to get the same velocity out of a ten inch barrel as a fourteen. Besides, I use a load that I run in the fourteen inch handgun, and my four Grendel rifles out to twenty four inches. I don't think I could do that with a ten inch load.

Comment

How about a Nesika Silhouette Pistol in 6.5 Grendel, built buy Gre Tan Rifles?

Comment

Working...
                              X