'Watch you mouth or watch your six'
    'Loud-n-proud'
    'Gunslingers'
    'Balls clacking'
    'Oak chair;
    'Roadhouse'
    'y'all'
    'I'm not here to prove you right!'
    'Texas', 'Texas', 'Texas'...'California'.

This is like a John Wayne movie.

(more popcorn please...).

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Klem View Post
      'Watch you mouth or watch your six'
      'Loud-n-proud'
      'Gunslingers'
      'Balls clacking'
      'Oak chair;
      'Roadhouse'
      'y'all'
      'I'm not here to prove you right!'
      'Texas', 'Texas', 'Texas'...'California'.

This is like a John Wayne movie.

(more popcorn please...).
      Coming right up. Would you like to add our extra large cola for just a cents more sir.

Comment

• BobinNC
        Warrior
        • Oct 2017

HuntTXhogs,

Sir. You seem to be confused. Let me crystal clear so there is no misunderstanding. First I personally appreciate your contributions. Your bullet findings, photo's and the like are outstanding. I'll repeat, outstanding. I have no issue at all with your analysis that a Federal Fusion 6.5mm bullet failed by breaking in half.

What I took issue with was your assertion that the bullet failed was a Speer Gold Dot. It was not. It was a similar bullet though, and my analysis is that the deep canelure contributed to the failure. A canelure not present on Speer's Gold Dot. This is speculation on my part based on my 45 years of reloading experience and 55 years of hunting experience. You can take and leave it for what's it's worth.

My next problem, was you posted the Fusion failure failure in January 2019 , and 3 successful Gold Dots in February 2019. You were very enthusiastic about their performance then. I only found the pictures because you said yes you had them so I looked for them. Somehow between February and now you came to the conclusion that 6.5mm Gold Dots suck. Fine and good. That's is your opinion and your right. You can shoot or not shoot any bullet you choose, for any reason you choose.

But your opinion does not make the rest of us stupid or a "Hoot" because we have a opinion different from yours. You laughed at the other posters and me because we did not conform to your cherished notions, and did not reject a bullet because of your sample size of one, which by the way was NOT a Gold Dot.

I posted this thread to get data. You provided one point of data, and for that I thank you. Now please follow your own advise and "never provide me with another response".

Have a good day sir.

Bob

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
          Warrior
          • Jan 2014

Unsubscribed

Comment

Working...
          X