• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kikn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

final deer hunt this year...

Had a fun weekend but lots of work processing food.

The kill count for the group was 4 hogs, 2 white tail does, one white tail spike, and one axis doe.

I only got pigs of two of the big boars both shot with the 6.5.

The First black one was shot at very last light at about 145 yards. Shot was right in the heart behind the shoulder and through the chest with zero damage to the shoulders I could tell he was shot in the heart, when I squeezed off the round it knocked him over and he Squealed and jumped up team strait into the trees crashing into big stuff, he went about 40 yards. And was done. He was shot with the 123 factory sst. Complete pass through.

The calico hog with the big cutters was shot the next morning at first light. Shot was 190 yards broad side double lung he ran 40 yards and piled up. Again factory 123 Sst

The last was a doe she was shot at 245 yards broadside double lung and heart she jumped up on the air and turned to run and could see the blood pouring 8" behind the shoulder through and through no meat damage to the shoulders she made it about 5 steps.

Sorry didn't get any pictures of the other animals bit the weren't anything to special.

Hopefully later this year I'll get some photos of an elk buck or axis buck. Non game animal in Texas so it's open all season.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kikn; 01-21-2015, 12:59 AM.
Working...
X