• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lazyengineer
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2019

Product Request - Grendel BBL and Bolt

Since you already have route to have BBL's and bolts cut and machined, this is a request to expand the offering to include a run for an RDB. I just bought an RDB, and I think this is more readily doable than I had originally thought.

Here is the barrel.

(zoomable exploded diagram) https://blog.keltecweapons.com/hubfs...mplete-OPT.pdf

A stock RDB BBL is 17" (to assure OAL doesn't get below SBR regs), and some are 20". The barrel profile has the two pinned on mounts to mate up with the gas and rail system, a port hole to the adjustible gas block, and a barrel nut and

I just picked one up, and this looks simpler than I thought. All that's NEEDED is the barrel, the bolt, and probably the extractor. Everything else can be transfered over by the owner. You could just sell those parts in a box as a conversion kit. It would be better and I'd pay for it, if you also did the barrel nut, barrel extension, and a couple replacement roll-pins for where the gas/rail attaches to the BBL.

Ideally you could use the AR15 Grendel extractor already developed.

Very basic parts needed to do this:
    1) Barrel (part 117) - no reason you can't do a Monster like profile, so long as it still fits the brackets (parts 160 and 150)
    2) Bolt (part 300)
    3) Extractor (part 301)

Technically can be transferred over, but probably best to include in the parts kit - I'd pay the upcharge.
    4) Barrel Nut (part 106)
    5) Barrel Extension (part 104)
    Assembled, to assure proper headspace.

6) Gas block pin (158)
    7) Grip Mount Pin (161)

THAT would be very cool, and a nice combination of the most effecient cartridge into one of the most effecient rifle delivery packages. Since you already have route making similar parts, maybe this is not so difficult for you to ponder adding this to the line as well?
    4x P100
Working...
X