Anyone received an order for a complete upper from LaRue recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glenn54
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2020

Anyone received an order for a complete upper from LaRue recently?

I know everything is backed up right now but wondering if anyone can let me know if they have received an upper from LaRue. I placed my order on 8/4/2020 for a LaRue Ultimate Upper, 6.5 Grendel. I was hoping to get in before we went on vacation in 3 weeks. Thanks.
  • FRB6.5
    Warrior
    • Oct 2018

Best place to get a feel for that is here:
    Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.

Be aware they don't rigidly follow a "first in, first out" policy. Someone else's cancellation can result in another person getting a rapid delivery. I had one ship the next day when the current wait was 3 months. Luck of the draw there.

They ARE slammed though, it took 5 months for a 13.2" M-Lok hand guard to ship to me last week, they were running about 2-4 weeks on the order prior to that one.

Comment

• AZHTfreak
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

My Mama always said "Expectation is better than realization." Patience, it's so well worth the wait. I have a 16" predatAR, 12" LAT, MBT straight bow & a 204 back-ordered since 9/5/20. Mark mfgs amazing kit...
      DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• Klaus Von Richter
        Bloodstained
        • Jun 2020

Comment

• Bobjones
          Bloodstained
          • May 2020

If you call them and pay the freight they'll split it into 2 orders and ship the in stock items. I did that when one of the items was 6 weeks. BTW: the 6 week item shipped in 6 weeks. They have pretty good control there.

Comment

• Snapper314
            Unwashed
            • Jan 2017

The current wait time for an Ultimate Upper from Larue Tactical is...

8 weeks.

I called and spoke to them Wednesday about another order and asked this very question.

Comment

• Glenn54
              Bloodstained
              • Sep 2020

Ordered just over 9 weeks ago on August 4th. Hopefully it is very close to shipping. But, I should probably call them as some of you other guys have done. Thanks.

UOTE=Snapper314;270233]The current wait time for an Ultimate Upper from Larue Tactical is...

8 weeks.

I called and spoke to them Wednesday about another order and asked this very question.[/QUOTE]
              Last edited by Glenn54; 10-09-2020, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Hickory Nut
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2020

I ordered one and after waiting several months I canceled it after they couldn't tell me how long it was going to take. Once they started selling their Billet lowers to the public I ordered one of those and it shipped within a few days. I ended up finding one of their 13" Stealth 2.0 uppers on gunbroker for $270. I am just waiting on the Lilja barrel to complete the build. It currently has a 16" Wilson Combat Barrel in it now. I do like the way the upper and lower connect to the receiver. You will not be unhappy with your purchase.

Comment

• Glenn54
                  Bloodstained
                  • Sep 2020

Thanks Hickory Nut. I am trying to be patient. Why are you switching barrels from Wilson Combat to Lilja? Just looking for an education, definitely not questioning your decision. Thanks again.

Originally posted by Hickory Nut View Post
                  I ordered one and after waiting several months I canceled it after they couldn't tell me how long it was going to take. Once they started selling their Billet lowers to the public I ordered one of those and it shipped within a few days. I ended up finding one of their 13" Stealth 2.0 uppers on gunbroker for $270. I am just waiting on the Lilja barrel to complete the build. It currently has a 16" Wilson Combat Barrel in it now. I do like the way the upper and lower connect to the receiver. You will not be unhappy with your purchase.

Comment

• Hickory Nut
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2020

I just purchased too many barrels lately. 1- 12" Monster, 2 - 16" monster, 1 - 18" Wilson Combat (sold), 1- 16" Wilson Combat. The Monster barrels have shot great for me so far with the Hornady SST and ELDM. The Wilson's didn't like the SST's or ELDM's. I have had that Lilja Barrel on order for a while and think it will fit perfectly in my Larue Upper/lower set.

Comment

• Glenn54
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2020

I called LaRue today and left a voice message. I hope they are better about returning phone calls than emails. Certainly don't want to cancel it but was hoping to have it by the time I went to visit my son in a couple of weeks.

Comment

• Klaus Von Richter
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jun 2020

Originally posted by Glenn54 View Post
                        I called LaRue today and left a voice message. I hope they are better about returning phone calls than emails. Certainly don't want to cancel it but was hoping to have it by the time I went to visit my son in a couple of weeks.

Comment

• Hickory Nut
                          Bloodstained
                          • Mar 2020

I seriously doubt they will get it to you by then but I hope they do. Their Upper Receiver is top quality and their machining is bad ass. I am happy with all of the products that I have purchased so far. Their MBT and Scope Mounts are hard to beat.

Comment

• Glenn54
                            Bloodstained
                            • Sep 2020

I actually purchased their scope mount and rings. I have a Leupold scope as well. It has been over 2 months. How long do you think I will have to wait?

Originally posted by Hickory Nut View Post
                            I seriously doubt they will get it to you by then but I hope they do. Their Upper Receiver is top quality and their machining is bad ass. I am happy with all of the products that I have purchased so far. Their MBT and Scope Mounts are hard to beat.

Comment

• Hickory Nut
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2020

It is hard to say. I've never had good results with their customer service answering emails or the phone. I have (2) of their C.A.N Scope Mounts and they are solid.

Comment

Working...
                              X