• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

ChronoPlotter-plots your chrono data-also Free

I found this program this morning while searching on F Class Johns Utube page. I have never used it before but it looks like it would make plotting graphs of your chrono data a breeze. It will take the data right off of either your Magnetspeed ram card or the Labradar ram card and plot it and draw the graph. You can also save your graphs and name them whatever you like. I did not see a way to manually enter your past data that you might have. I guess you could scan the current data on the ram card then change it to whatever data you saved previously(not sure about that though).

I downloaded the Windows version and there is also a Mac version. You have to scroll down the Github webpage until you come to where it says "Quick Start" and then just below that pick which version you need. The use instructions are below this part.

There is also a Satterlee-OCW part of the program and it is explained in the instructions too.

Here is the F Class John Utube link:

Here is the download link which also has the instructions on its use:
    Easily generate graphs using recorded data from LabRadar, MagnetoSpeed, and ProChrono chronographs and ShotMarker e-target - mncoppola/ChronoPlotter
  • sundowner
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2017

Looks like a good program for both my chronographs .

Comment

• jasper2408
      Warrior
      • Jan 2019

I saved all of my old data logs from my Magneotspeed and was able to graph it by copying and pasting only the series of data that I wanted to graph back into a blank log.csv file and it worked just fine. I had to use the ram card from the chrono as the data source as it would not use a spreadsheet by itself for the data source. On one shot ladders I was able to use the Satterlee part and it separated it into one shot series and I set the charge weights and grains apart and it graphed them.

I bought a Labradar this winter and haven't taken it out yet so I don't have data with it yet. If you just want graphed data then this program seems to be great for that. I noticed that in the video he said that the developer was open to putting in new or different features so if you need something added he might do it for you in a later version.

Edit: Just testing to see if the graphs can be uploaded and how they display. I use Win10 Snippet tool as it saves them as .PNG files that is a lot smaller in size than a JPEG. It let me upload them ok.
      Last edited by jasper2408; 05-25-2021, 05:57 PM. Reason: testing posting a graph

Comment

• jasper2408
        Warrior
        • Jan 2019

In this version: Added support for manual entry of powder charge dataAdded experimental support for ShotMarker files (both .tar and .csv files)Added support for Competition Electronics ProChrono fi…

Comment

• jasper2408
          Warrior
          • Jan 2019

New version of ChronoPlotter is available(2.2.0)

Here are the changes:

Sighter shots in ShotMarker are now toggleable (and hidden by default)
          X-axis spacing is now toggleable (and proportional by default)
          Added support for importing ShotMarker velocity data
          Added support for alternate ProChrono Digital Link CSV format
          Updated about tab
          Various code fixes

In this version: Sighter shots in ShotMarker are now toggleable (and hidden by default)X-axis spacing is now toggleable (and proportional by default)Added support for importing ShotMarker velocity …

Comment

• six.five
            Unwashed
            • Jun 2019

Thanks for putting that up!

I saw you original post awhile back, but haven't been getting to the range much until recently.

I was using excel to graph, which still works, but chrono plotter is so much nicer.

Comment

• jasper2408
              Warrior
              • Jan 2019

Originally posted by six.five View Post
              Thanks for putting that up!

I saw you original post awhile back, but haven't been getting to the range much until recently.

I was using excel to graph, which still works, but chrono plotter is so much nicer.
              I'm glad you found it useful. I think it is a very handy program if a person is interested in using graphs during load development.

Comment

Working...
              X