• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nuthead
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

Howa mini-action in grendel to be released in mid-2016

I was about to convert my CZ527 when I came across this announcement - apparently theyre bringing out the how mini in a grendel

I'm not a really a howa guy but one of these in a 22inch barrel would be very cool - and I can keep my cz as a 7.62x39 for busting pigs in close (dont have to worry about picking up brass etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO1mL4z6IHk

• SDguy
    Warrior
    • Oct 2015

That is pretty cool! And the pressure is on for CZ as they should clearly see they are loosing sales every day they delay in releasing their own Grendel offering. If i recall correctly I have read that CZ will have their own offering for 2016 as well. Ill believe it when I see it. If anyone is listening I would prefer a model with a light weight barrel flared out for a threaded supressor.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

Cool cool cool!
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• rabiddawg
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2013

Bring it on!! One of em has my daughters name on it!
        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• adamjp
          Warrior
          • Oct 2014

It is good news. Now, for those of us who have never bought factory ammunition for a Grendel - what works well?

Comment

• nuthead
            Warrior
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by adamjp View Post
            It is good news. Now, for those of us who have never bought factory ammunition for a Grendel - what works well?
            Hey adam jp

Do we get factory stuff in australia?

I stumbled across some info on the sst and amax - it looks like they both would get close to the 2600fps node out of a 21-22" barrel so they should be accurate

But I'm sure someone who has used it will chime in
            Last edited by nuthead; 11-05-2015, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Buck2732
              Warrior
              • Feb 2012

adamjp and nutted, I am kind of in the same position but I have been able to play and the results are here.

Bolt action loads please do not use in your semi/fully automatic wpn. Hello the hoard some results from last Sat on the range. All loads are in Hornady brass, CCI450 primers, CFE powder and 123g SST. All readings taken 15 foot from my muzzle. All strings are ten rnds Weather 20deg C, 79 Ft above sea level. 979mb The rife

I hope this helps.
              Last edited by Buck2732; 11-06-2015, 12:18 AM.
              Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Comment

• kmon
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2015

A little later then the other thread on this rifle predicted but that rifle in the video looks good. It will be cool for boltactions to be available without going the custom route like we have had to do so far.

Comment

• nuthead
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Buck2732 View Post
                  adamjp and nutted, I am kind of in the same position but I have been able to play and the results are here.

Bolt action loads please do not use in your semi/fully automatic wpn. Hello the hoard some results from last Sat on the range. All loads are in Hornady brass, CCI450 primers, CFE powder and 123g SST. All readings taken 15 foot from my muzzle. All strings are ten rnds Weather 20deg C, 79 Ft above sea level. 979mb The rife

I hope this helps.

Interesting - i don't think we can get CFE223 in australia (never heard of it?) But 2800fps or even 2700fps with a 123gr in a 22" barrel is insane!

8208 looks like the best we can get... based on quickload/OBT there should be a node for both the 123gr amax and the sst bang on 2600fps

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                    Administrator
                    • Feb 2011

For years Bill A. tried to interest CZ in doing the 65G in their 527. Shoulda been a no-brainer, but they just couldn't catch the vision. So I'm very happy to see Howa do this.
                    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Von Gruff
                      Chieftain
                      • Apr 2012

If only the magazine didn't hang below the stockline as that is where the single handed carry point is. It is the ne feature that would put me off for a hunting rifle.
                      http://www.vongruffknives.com/

sigpic Von Gruff

Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
                      Acts 4:10-12

Comment

• adamjp
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2014

I've been pushing a mate of mine to build a chassis for the Howa Mini. He is using it as a prototype for longer actions (T3, Howa, Savage, etc.) but this is pretty much the final prototype chassis for the Howa Mini.

IMG_2359.jpg
                        IMG_2351.jpg
                        IMG_2347.jpg
                        IMG_2335.jpg
                        IMG_2365.jpg
                        IMG_2408.jpg

May not appeal much where an AR can be bought, but we expect them to sell well here in Australia.

Takes standard M4 grip and butt assembly (would take AR15 butt too if you want it).

About $1000AUD for the centre section and forend. Another $150 or so for the fixed butt assembly in the last photo (adjustable cheekpiece to come) if you want it.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

Good job, Adamjp, getting your mate to build that. Looks great! Here in the States we have something similar, but it is very cool to see something that uses the new Howa action — particularly in 6.5 Grendel!
                          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Sputnik
                            Warrior
                            • May 2013

What would be the best way to add a 20 MOA capability to the receiver? Surely Legacy will offer a rifle only option as well as the complete package....I hope.

Comment

• lrgrendel
                              Warrior
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
                              What would be the best way to add a 20 MOA capability to the receiver? Surely Legacy will offer a rifle only option as well as the complete package....I hope.
                              You can also buy just barreled actions put out by Legacy.

Comment

Working...
                              X